• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Bulls, Round 12, 14 May 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Can the Tahs continue on their winning ways? One would hope a week back in their familiar beds and no travel will see the Tahs refreshed and ready to hand the Bulls a pounding.

Anybody got any info on the wounded ones?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Jeez L, seems like the Tahs fans have deserted them but I'll help out:

Tahs look like they are on a roll. Scrum has made a large positive shift since TPN back ably supported by a couple of young props.

Backline starting to gel.

Good mixture of experience and youth augers well for the future.

Tahs by 15

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Jeez L, seems like the Tahs fans have deserted them but I'll help out.....

Thanks, S, but things aren't so dire we need charity from north of the Tweed, we're bubbling along nicely. A week's rest in their own beds'll do the boys the world of good.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Holloway is still out as expected. Sounds like he will miss the Crusaders game too but then will be back after that.

Skelton is right to play.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
I know it's a cliche, but when you look at the games ahead of us this one's a 'must-win'.
It's hard to imagine we'll beat all of the 'Saders, Chiefs and 'Canes, so I think we need to put this one in the bank if we want to top the Aus conference.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I know it's a cliche, but when you look at the games ahead of us this one's a 'must-win'.
It's hard to imagine we'll beat all of the 'Saders, Chiefs and 'Canes, so I think we need to put this one in the bank if we want to top the Aus conference.

No doubt about it.

We've got everyone's favourite Kiwi referee named Glen.

Referee: Glen Jackson
AR1: Ben O'Keeffe
AR2: James Leckie
TMO: George Ayoub

G

galumay

My suspicion is that we may creep past the bulls, but I think we will certainly finish with 3 losses to the NZ sides, our hopes have been raised of a recovery in the second half of the season but the difference is basic skills and accuracy of the 'Saders, Chiefs and 'Canes will destroy our dreams.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
My suspicion is that we may creep past the bulls, but I think we will certainly finish with 3 losses to the NZ sides, our hopes have been raised of a recovery in the second half of the season but the difference is basic skills and accuracy of the 'Saders, Chiefs and 'Canes will destroy our dreams.
Were you ever Wallatah on Planet Rugby, galumay?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Bit concerned with Tahs props talking themselves up

Shit we looked good against their "B" front row.

The Bulls are no slouches and the Tahs still have "L" plates on.

Historically Props never talk themselves up. They generally have an unwritten rule not to do that or "bag" other props.

Maybe thats a part of the special prop secret society.

Nearly makes me wanna support the Bulls frontrow.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It paints a bit of a different picture when you read the actual quotes from Tom Robertson.

"I think on the weekend that might have been the turning point because that was the first time when those 50-50 calls started going our way and in the past that definitely hasn't happened," Robertson said. "So hopefully we can continue that run against the Bulls on the weekend, but I think the weekend was a big turning point to set a standard of where our scrum needs to be for the rest of the year."

"It will certainly be a challenge for me, but I'm looking forward to it to prove myself at this level and I haven't really come up against some of those big internationals Springboks yet, so I'm chomping at the bit to get out there," Robertson said. "If you're playing against other internationals, you can prove yourself whereas on the weekend I don't think the Cheetahs front row had a combined [tally] of over 30 caps so it will definitely be a bigger challenge for me against a majority Springboks front row."

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
NEVER read the story!

You said "never" in uppercase and now my feelings are hurt. What are you, Hitler?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-735-1386786326-23.gif

old fella2

Frank Row (1)
If you YouTube "the zoo, forsyth barr" you will see the promo for "The ZOO".it is specifically designed to get in the Otago Uni students (my boy is there) , and there are about 8,000 of them going to the highlanders/crusaders game friday night.

Having regard to the obvious attraction of this (witness te success of the 7's this year) it is completely beyond me why the NSWRU isnt trying something similar at Allianz, given that about 1 in 100 people at the games are between 18 and 30.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
If you YouTube "the zoo, forsyth barr" you will see the promo for "The ZOO".it is specifically designed to get in the Otago Uni students (my boy is there) , and there are about 8,000 of them going to the highlanders/crusaders game friday night.

Having regard to the obvious attraction of this (witness te success of the 7's this year) it is completely beyond me why the NSWRU isnt trying something similar at Allianz, given that about 1 in 100 people at the games are between 18 and 30.

This is the same NSWRU who think that they don't have any supporters in western Sydney?;)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Waratahs unchanged.

1. Paddy Ryan (71 caps)
2. Tatafu Polota-Nau (135 caps)
3. Tom Robertson (7 caps)
4. David Dennis (101 caps)
5. Will Skelton (47 caps)
6. Dean Mumm (95 caps)
7. Michael Hooper (C – 90 caps)
8. Wycliff Palu (129 caps)
9. Nick Phipps (91 caps)
10. Bernard Foley (71 caps)
11. Rob Horne (96 caps)
12. Kurtley Beale (54 caps)
13. Israel Folau (54 caps)
14. Reece Robinson (7 caps)
15. Andrew Kellaway (5 caps)
Reserves:
16. Hugh Roach (15 caps)
17. Jeremy Tilse (54 caps)
18. Angus Ta’avao (57 caps)
19. Sam Lousi (11 caps)
20. Ned Hanigan (1 cap) / Jack Dempsey (10 caps)
21. Matt Lucas (21 caps)
22. David Horwitz (7 caps)
23. Matt Carraro (49 caps)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Bulls: SP Marais; Jamba Ulengo, Jesse Kriel, Jan Serfontein, Bjorn Basson; Tian Schoeman, Rudy Paige; Hanro Liebenberg, Jannes Kirsten, Lappies Labuschagne; RG Snyman, Jason Jenkins; Marcel van der Merwe, Adriaan Strauss (c), Lizo Gqoboka. Replacements: Jaco Visagie, Trevor Nyakane, Pierre Schoeman, Marvin Orie, Roelof Smit, Piet van Zyl, Francois Brummer, Dries Swanepoel

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Achieve parity at set piece and the Tahs win through the centres. As good as Serfontein and Kriel are, the way Beale and Folau are playing, that is where the game could be won.

Status
Not open for further replies.