• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Chiefs - Round 14 - Friday 27 May 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
CjRVZW0UYAAWpIg.jpg:large

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
CHIEFS: Damian McKenzie, Toni Pulu, Seta Tamanivalu, Anton Lienert-Brown, James Lowe, Aaron Cruden (co-c), Brad Weber, Tom Sanders, Sam Cane (co-c), Taleni Seu, Brodie Retallick, Dominic Bird, Hiroshi Yamashita, Nathan Harris, Mitchell Graham. Reserves: Hika Elliot, Kane Hames, Siegfried Fisi'ihoi, Michael Allardice, Lachlan Boshier, Kayne Hammington, Andrew Horrell, Sam Vaka.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
I assume Holloway is injured. Is it the shoulder again? If so, was he back a week early?
A few changes in the backs, Horne to 12 will certainly harden up the defence in there, so hopefully we won't see the debacle of the first 10 minutes against the Saders.
Happy to see Guildford back, not so sure about Carraro, but Robinson hasn't been great so probably nothing to lose.
I would have preferred Dempsey starting at 6 to Mumm, who I think is well past his best, but with Dempsey just back from injury I suppose it's prudent to bring him off the bench.
As BH says, we must win this, otherwise we can start planning the end-of-season trip.

pissedoffihavetoregister

Bill Watson (15)
He did in that play where Crusaders ran the length of the park and Robinson got caught behind the line. He did a big dive and grabbed the crusaders shirt and then fell in a heap and Palu came on. It was hard to tell via the tv replay.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Dempsey will most likely replace Palu and play number 8 or Dean Mumm moves to lock, Dempsey to 6 and Dennis plays 8.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The westerly that has been blowing across Sydney for 2 or 3 days should ensure a fast dry pitch and no likelihood of any dew during the match. Once this might have been an advantage for us, but I'm not so sure now. One thing for certain is that the Chiefs will like the chance to play an up tempo, high skill match with ball in hand. Hope we can go with it.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Going on past performances by the Tahs, if we're in touch after 20 minutes we're a real chance.

Too many times this year we've got blown off the park in the first 10 or 20 minutes and never recovered.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Hard to see any result other than a Chiefs win, though I think BH is right -- if the Tahs can stay in touch in the last quarter of the game they're a chance.

G

galumay

Tough game to watch for me, my 2 favourite teams. Would love to see the Tah's get up for the win, but realistically the Chiefs will crush the Tahs tonite, just too much class, skill, accuracy and attitude! Chiefs by 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.