• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Crusaders, round 15, Saturday 23 May @ Homebush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
This thread is for discussing this match only

The Rules
  1. Do not give scores for any other match from this round until 24 hours after the last game!
  2. Do not discuss other matches in detail.
  3. Good hearted banter is encouraged but trolling is not allowed.
  4. Be respectful to posters, players, coaches and match officials.
  5. Go the Tahs!

Breaches of the rules will be handled by the Mod Team.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Can the Saders extract revenge for their defeat in the 2014 final? They seem to've got the measure of the Reds after their 2011 loss, are the Tahs for chop? The core 2015 Tahs side looks a bit tired, will Cheik give some of the squaddies a run?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Tahs win and the Cru are definitely out of the running for the finals and NZ have (only) three sides in the final 6 while the Tahs become odds on to finish top of the Aus conference. Cru win and the Aus conference becomes a dog fight between the Tahs and Brumbies but NZ likely to have four finalists.

Go the Tahs.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Much more preferable for 4 NZ teams in the finals than possibly 2 Aus ones. You are nothing if not predictable.

It's not what I'm hoping for, it's an opinion.
1). I, and from what I read in the media, believe that the Crusaders will be out for a spot of revenge.
2). They also appear to be hitting a bit of form at the tail end of the season.
3). The Tahs haven't been terribly convincing over the past few weeks, and they are definitely not a patch on what they were at this stage of the 2014 season.

My opinion, either you like it or you don't. I don't really care

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
^^
I assumed from most of your posts on the Waratahs that it was your hope. My mistake.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Given we won by a bit last week, we'll probably collapse in a heap this week. Consistent we ain't.

I'll be coaching in the afternoon for a home game, and probably going to the Ettamogah for the presentations before jumping on a train at Seven Hills.

This means no pre-game drinks unfortunately, though with the migraines I've been having after booze lately, I think its probably end of the road for alcohol.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Crusaders will no doubt be trying to prove a point, though I don't think they got much chance of making finals. It almost impossible for 4 teams from NZ to make finals, and think Crusaders only can if they knock over Canes, Chiefs, the Clan and the Tahs with bonus points wins, so relax fellas, Aus fighting with SA to get 2 teams in I think!!
Anyway going away this weekend, so may have to record game as yet, but really looking forward to it as it got the ingredients of a cracker!!

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Given we won by a bit last week, we'll probably collapse in a heap this week. Consistent we ain't.

I'll be coaching in the afternoon for a home game, and probably going to the Ettamogah for the presentations before jumping on a train at Seven Hills.

This means no pre-game drinks unfortunately, though with the migraines I've been having after booze lately, I think its probably end of the road for alcohol.

what kind of defeatist talk is this?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Just don't squirt the Araldite on your cock, that would not be erudite at all. P
Taking notes here, thanks Doc
the trick is don't get to "after" the Booze!! :)
mindblown_zpsftd4s7ei.gif

all fun and games here until later on in the week when the irate New South Welshmen and Cantabs turn up and start tearing strips off each other oh hang on there's only one cantab here haha.

These days, NSW vs Cantabs, its like cold war era Russkis vs Reagan era USA.

Usurped by the chinese (Chiefs; a starless unstoppable mass) and hyperspace (Canes).

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
This is the Tahs season this weekend methinks...some great match ups all over the park but the one I can't wait for is....believe it or not "the locks!".
Big Willy v some real Kiwi talent. Surely this is where the argument about whether he is "the real thing" comes to an end.

I hope the below chap gives him some "old school" tips

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
The Saders will be pushing for tries to try and get a BP win. In that process I foresee many turnovers and some scratchy rugby.

It's the Tahs game to lose......

Status
Not open for further replies.