• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Highlanders, semi-final, Saturday 27 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Warratahs have been rattled all second half. Losing all your line outs will actually kill you though.

Interesting that the Clan have done their homework - high kicks to Folau are not contested, but they wait for him to hit the ground and go in for the tackle. To Foley they are contested every time. Smart play.

This, I think the Highlanders have had a clear game plan and are sticking to it.

A mutterer

Desmond Connor (43)
we just haven't won the physical contest tonight and we really haven't looked like we believe we could win it since about the 30 minute mark

well done to the highlanders for taking us into our 22, when we were confident we would have confidently run from the back for points, but tonight we've just missed the mark

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Obviously almost everything is to the referees discretion, but I thought that the rewarding of a penalty try should always* be accompanied by a yellow card.

*For scrums, the yellow card normally seems to come one scrum before the penalty try.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Tahs don't deserve to win it this year. Last year they were on a n upwards trajectory and got better all the way through.

This year they have gone up and down with no discernible over all improvement.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Warratahs have been rattled all second half. Losing all your line outs will actually kill you though.
I've posted in numerous threads about the importance of a strong lineout and I get told I'm overstating it every time.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Phipps off for McKibbin. Phipps has been way too wayward this game.

Dennis off for Chapman.

Don't think either of those changes will win the game for the Tahs.

Don't get Kearns' whining, the Highlanders have just been better in the second half.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
??? I'm not going to look up the rules but I don't think that's correct as an absolute statement.
No one said you had to know what you were talking about to post on here
Law 22.17
A player who prevents a try being scored through foul play must either be cautioned and temporarily suspended or sent off.
http://www.worldrugby.org/search?s=laws
They'e got app too if you can be bothered downloading it

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
I sometimes wonder if you'll ever have something useful to say and then you post again.

sour-puss-cat-box1-e1378478560115.jpg

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
OMG! Even better than winning another Tahs lineout, Potgeiter absolutely clattered Foley.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Another lineout stolen.

Kearns uses the term "ours".

Droppie over, 13 point gap.

G

galumay

Well played Highlanders, the two best teams by far go thru to the final. Kiwis will feel natural order has been restored. I suspect we have a long and difficult international season coming up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.