• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Rebels - ANZ - Anzac Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Both teams causing upset set wins against the Hurricanes and Brumbies. Should be an interesting match. Hoping for a Rebels win as there is a group of us making the trip up.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Some of the Tahs fans willing to suggest a pub for some Pre-game beers before catching the train to ANZ?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Some of the Tahs fans willing to suggest a pub for some Pre-game beers before catching the train to ANZ?

I would go with the Keg and Brew at the bottom of Foveaux St. It has a large range of craft beers and is very close to Central Station.

Is anyone else from the forum coming up apart from you and oztimmay?

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I would go with the Keg and Brew at the bottom of Foveaux St. It has a large range of craft beers and is very close to Central Station.

Those two will probably bring enough presence to fairly represent the rest of us...

Thirsty blokes.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)

Not from the forum, you might know a few from twitter though.
Those two will probably bring enough presence to fairly represent the rest of us.

Thirsty blokes.
Will be very thirsty after the early start and flight.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
hope the weather clears up, its bloody miserable atm.

expecting a heavy track on saturday.

supposed to be clearing Thursday ( Slight (30%) chance of a showers), none predicted for Friday or the weekend

so the seats may be dry by then, but the ground ............ there is an NRL game Friday night at ANZ, so I expect it to be cut up

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
supposed to be clearing Thursday ( Slight (30%) chance of a showers), none predicted for Friday or the weekend

so the seats may be dry by then, but the ground .... there is an NRL game Friday night at ANZ, so I expect it to be cut up

that sounds like code to expect an 'arm wrestle' of a game aka very scrappy

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

so the seats may be dry by then, but the ground .... there is an NRL game Friday night at ANZ, so I expect it to be cut up

The ground drains OK, it should be good for running rugby by Saturday.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
That's pretty rancid bait and I suspect his should be he's.
But his kicking is so good when the ground is a bit soft under foot.

article-2346434-1A7431CF000005DC-720_634x423.jpg

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Pub in the city could work too, closer to one of the stations.

I might even come in then go back out.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Pub in the city could work too, closer to one of the stations.

I might even come in then go back out.

Keg and Brew is less than 100m from Central.

The other option would be The Great Southern on George St but that is a pretty average pub (good for late night beers post returning from Olympic Park).

@KevinO @oztimmay What time do you think you guys will get to the pub? I'm keen to meet for beers.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Gentlemen,

Looking forward to some Rugby, Beers and banter this weekend. Keg and Brew sounds good (and looks it too). Heard from a few peeps the Tap House is fairly good too? Regardless, whever it serves cold Beer and decent food I'm happy. If I need to book a few tables I can arrange.

I think our flights gets in at around 10:30 and with transfer from Airport we probably won't be near the Hotel until 11:30. Just enough time for checkin and Lunch at 12ish at a Pub.

Only thing to cosnider is the ANZAC day celebrations. Some venues might be clsoed and/or chockers with people who've attended marches or other things. Might shop around for a few venues if it gets tight. Do you guys wanna meet for lunch or pre-game (4:30ish) Beers? Or even both :)

How much time do we need to give ourselves in order to get out to Homebush?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The ANZAC Day March doesn't go down as far as Central so it should be alright.

I doubt the Keg and Brew would do two-up so shouldn't be too affected by ANZAC Day (although that is just a guess).

I'm only available pre-game. 4 or 4:30 is probably good.

If you get to Central at 6:30 you should be out at Olympic Park soon after 7pm (train trip is about 25 minutes) and have plenty of time to get food and beer before kick off.

Status
Not open for further replies.