• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Rebels, RD3 SR2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Anyone heading up?

You can get a few specials atm with Jetstar/Virgin.

Hotels are a pain, due to Mardi Gras weekend. *clap clap* ARU/SANZAR etc. dickheads have done a great job there.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Mardi Gras AND a Super Rugby game on the same weekend, what more could you want? We cater for all sorts in Sydney. ;)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It does seem somewhat unbelievable that they would hold it on the same night.

There are road closures for Mardi Gras within 100m of the Sydney Football Stadium. The bus lane on Anzac Parade gets closed as well which is where the buses destined for Central would drive.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
It does seem somewhat unbelievable that they would hold it on the same night.

The rugby's on Friday night, the parade's on Saturday night. Mind you, if you're keen you could make a session of it at the Captain Cook (or, better still, The Local Taphouse) and have a front row seat for the parade next evening. I've watched it a few times, gotta do it at least once in your life. :eek:

D

daz

Well, I will be travelling up for this fixture.

I owe a few of the Sydney-based GAGR's a beer or three and payment is well over-due.

Should be a cracker weekend!

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Deadset, f**king ready to kick someone's head in at SANZAR/ARU/whoever. They've changed the fixture to Friday night.

Now I have to change my flights.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Changing the game to the Friday night is certainly the common sense move. That sucks for people like you that already had booked flights (and potentially accommodation).

Where did you see that the fixture has changed?

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Changing the game to the Friday night is certainly the common sense move. That sucks for people like you that already had booked flights (and potentially accommodation).

Where did you see that the fixture has changed?
Received a release before.

Reds play the same night also, at 9:20pm AEDT.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Well, I will be travelling up for this fixture.

I owe a few of the Sydney-based GAGR's a beer or three and payment is well over-due.

Should be a cracker weekend!
You only have to buy me one. It is a large beer, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

D

daz

You only have to buy me one. It is a large beer, though.

That will be an interesting conversation with the local Sydney bar staff.

Yeah, hi mate, can I please have 4 schooners, a glass of your house white, a lemon, lime and bitters and, umm, what else? Oh yes, a vat for the bloke over there who looks like a kid on Christmas morning.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Hope the Tahs and Super Rugby etc do a decent job of letting all ticket holders know about the change. I wouldn't be too happy if I heard the result on Friday night not knowing about the date change or rock up to the SFS on Saturday and it is bathed in darkness.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
What, so you look at the draw in very early January and never look at it again, nor do you even glance at your ticket or watch TV/read papers?

I, like most people, only look at the draw on about Wednesday every week to see what awaits me that weekend. So I can't really see a problem.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
.....rock up to the SFS on Saturday and it is bathed in darkness.

There's no fucking way the SFS (and surrounds) will be bathed in darkness that Saturday night. The shine from the buffed bits and pieces of those attending will be dazzling.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Why not make it a Sunday afternoon game, this is killing my plans as I can't get the Friday off work so won't make it to Sydney in time.

jermano

Ted Fahey (11)
So i booked flights and accommodation in November as it was disappearing very quickly because of Mardi Gras. Anyone want free flights from Melbourne to Sydney and 1 nights accommodation @ the Cooper Lodge hotel? These are now useless to me.

No more following the Rebels around the country for me if this is what to expect.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
What, so you look at the draw in very early January and never look at it again, nor do you even glance at your ticket or watch TV/read papers?

I, like most people, only look at the draw on about Wednesday every week to see what awaits me that weekend. So I can't really see a problem.

I have no probs whatsoever. I regularly study the draw closely and might even put a copy in my wallet this year. I do glance at my ticket whenever I get a chance and watch TV/read papers for rugby news. Believe it or not, I even have the internet!

Pleased to hear you're like most people.

Status
Not open for further replies.