• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs V Reds July 13 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
The good news is that Australian Rugby can't lose at ANZ stadium this Saturday night

The bad news is that, true to type, the Wallabies playing in this game will play out of their skins and have a blinder.

Either way this promises to be a cracker. Waratahs are out of finals contention and are playing for pride - this will be no issue with Cheik. Reds are playing for a home final and aiming to go two-up for the Templeton cup.

Interesting clashes will be in the back row, with Hooper and Gill facing off, and Bernard Foley up against Quade (who surely has a point to prove).

Last game of the year, in Sydney, can't help but feel the Tahs will be right up for it. (I am prone to heavy bias though).

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Unless the Hurricanes somehow roll the Crusaders on Friday night, there'll be no home final for the Reds this year.

It will be interesting to see how they approach it. Do blokes like Horwill
& Genia need a bit of a rest? Would they rather play in Canberra or Christchurch in the Finals?

Will Izzy play for the Tahs? How big will the crowd be? Is Schmoo any chance of one last Tahs appearance?

Does anybody still care?

Hardtackle

Charlie Fox (21)
You'd have to think the Reds will be fresher and will have more to play for. Plus the Tahs likely to be without TPN, IZZY, Barnes, Timani at least. Reds by 150+.

So if the Reds win it's a home final? Or do a million things have to happen?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I'd love the Reds to have a home final simple because I love taking photos at the mathes but I think too many things have to go right for it to happen.

Gurz

Allen Oxlade (6)
Think loss of izzy will hurt tahs Barnes not so much as he hasn't helped win a game all year. Should be good game lets hope both show some running rugby...

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Izzy will be a massive loss. Looking forward to the Gill Hooper battle it should be a cracker

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
If the reds can get up a solid lead, I can see Will Ginea being given a break. He really did run out of gas in the third test against the Lions.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
If Izzy is out I imagine the back three will be made up of Schmoo, Cam Crawford and Peter Betham... thats still pretty potent IMO.

Damien Fitzpatrick has been training and playing with Eastwood, you would think he at least gets a bench spot this week with TPN out.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
If they're all fit and firing - and the fluffybunnys would want to be after that shitty weekend - then the Tahs are likely to be:

1 Robinson
2 Ulugia
3 Kepu
4 Skelton
5 Douglas
6 Dennis (c)
7 Hooper
8 Palu
9 McKibbin
10 Foley
11 Betham
12 Horne
13 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14 Crawford
15 Folau

If Folau is still injured, then Crawford to fullback and Kingston to the blind wing.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Malvern: The Waratahs Blues Brothers Band! Hmph!
Dr. John: Bunch a wanna be players
Stevie Winwood: How good can a mess like that sound Play any way?

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Sully, just remember what we did to the Brumbies at this venue. They were cocky and they lost. I advise you not to make the same mistake, but in all honesty, keep going, it makes it more fun when we run over the top of youse ;)

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Sully, just remember what we did to the Brumbies at this venue. They were cocky and they lost. I advise you not to make the same mistake, but in all honesty, keep going, it makes it more fun when we run over the top of youse ;)
Tongue firmly in cheek. I have worried about this game for a fair while and to know we are in the finals regardless of the outcome is a bit of relief. But I also know we need to win to have any chance of a home final. So how about it Waratahs? You know the south Africans would do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.