• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Chiefs - Super Rugby R 6 2020, Friday 6 March @ 7.15pm @ Wollongong

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Chiefs:
Solomon Alaimalo, Shaun Stevenson, Tumua Manu, Anton Lienert-Brown, Sean Wainui, Aaron Cruden, Brad Weber, Pita Gus Sowakula, Sam Cane (c), Lachlan Boshier, Tyler Ardron, Michael Allardice, Ross Geldenhuys, Samisoni Taukei'aho, Aidan Ross

Reserves: Donald Maka, Ryan Coxon, Reuben O'Neill, Naitoa Ah Kuoi, Mitchell Karpik, Lisati Milo Harris, Kaleb Trask, Alex Nankivell.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
So McKenzie out? They managing his minutes or something else?

Boshier and Weber coming back in are big positives. I really rate the two of them but Boshier in particular has been playing really great football this year. The big Canadian Ardron isn't bad either.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep they saying it rest, but Gatland is rotating all his players, says he wants everyone ready to go if needed.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Yep they saying it rest, but Gatland is rotating all his players, says he wants everyone ready to go if needed.

Yeah there is some decent depth there as he's really changing it up.

It's actually something I felt he did really well over in Wales, continuing to build squad depth and a winning squad rather than just a winning 15 which I feel some coaches end up with. You saw how it was needed with all the injuries to the likes of Ascombe, Biggar at points, and then Patchell coming in etc...

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Somehow he's covered by the AB rest protocol despite missing RWC.

"His break is part of the Super Rugby rest protocols that all All Blacks must adhere to.."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...-a-break-as-chiefs-name-team-to-face-waratahs

Yep but Gatland is really rotating players, Cruden, Boshier etc etc have all been given breaks too.
As for being covered by AB protocols, that's got nothing to do with last year, it's who they suspect they will need to be fresh end of THIS year!!

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yep but Gatland is really rotating players, Cruden, Boshier etc etc have all been given breaks too.
As for being covered by AB protocols, that's got nothing to do with last year, it's who they suspect they will need to be fresh end of THIS year!!

He missed R1 and only played 65mins R3.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
He missed R1 and only played 65mins R3.

Just quietly I don't think he played very well in the Brumbies game so probably not the biggest loss. Hopefully he'll get back to his form of a year or so ago - great player to watch when on song.

I'm actually more worried about the forwards and Boshier being a pest at the breakdown.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Clark is out of favour. He played most of the A game last Friday. Lisala looks very threatening though and it is worth getting a look at him in Super Rugby.

McCauley has been the bench lock for most or all games this season so it isn't surprising he's now getting a start. I think he has improved a fair bit in all aspects of his play. I'm keen to see Tafa get a run.

Wonder if Clark considering going back to 7s as indeed out of favour and shot at the olympics might be a good carrot to join his mate Henry Hutchison back in the 7s sqaud

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Has Beale lost some pace ? or unfit ? that wrap around with Dempsey was like he didnt want to take on the defense and was a mile before it was suppose to happen.. anyway come on Tah's stick it to them

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez I think the Chiefs trying to show Crusaders they not the only Kiwi team can play dumb tonight!