• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Warriors deal to dirty Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgil

Larry Dwyer (12)
Great way to end the weekend (well for us kiwis anyway), Warriors winning the playoffs against raging favorites The Storm.
First time EVER a team that placed 8th has beaten the 1st placed team.
Get to host the Rooters* this friday.

* Note: Not a spelling error.

R

Rugby Rat

Yep.. Tipped it and had a little bit of money on the Warriors.

Well done Warriors. Congrats to the AB's also.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
But hey - let's not forget our wheelchair rugby team nudging out the Wheel Blacks in the last second. I love that sport - its a more worthy olympic sport than equestrian or fucking rhythmic gymnastics!

Virgil

Larry Dwyer (12)
NTA said:
But hey - let's not forget our wheelchair rugby team nudging out the Wheel Blacks in the last second. I love that sport - its a more worthy olympic sport than equestrian or fucking rhythmic gymnastics!

sure is, posted in scarfs thread about how brutal it is, they dont hold back do they!
Ramming the shit out of each other, love it.

Virgil

Larry Dwyer (12)
You fucken beauty! :D
Another team bites the dust, Warriors onto next week to face Manly.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
As a Manly fan, I am a little worried by the way the Warriors played in the second half. Sure they were at home, but we will be at SFS not Brooky next week. We should have too much class (that Rooters side was fairly average IMO), but it will certainly be a close one.

As the old finals saying goes- beware the team with winning momentum...

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Nicely done Warriors. The penalty try was accurate IMHO and the Eagles, if they win, will have had a good preparation for the next week. If the Warriors win, it might just be that they'll have done their dash with three big wins in a row, but jeez it'd be nice to see 8th place take it out :)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Not being a huge league fan, my expectations were low, but I watched most of that match. Warriors were awesome in the 2nd half and just smashed the Chooks. How was the Chook number 4 after trying to smash Wiki - down like a pithed toad! Warriors could upset the Sea-Budgies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
And the Storm have pulled a get out of jail free card out of their arse tonight. I really can't believe how they get away with all that cynical shit, but that is league for you. That Simms bloke who spilled the ball for the Broncos must feel like a useless fluffybunny right now.

Virgil

Larry Dwyer (12)
NTA said:
And the Storm have pulled a get out of jail free card out of their arse tonight. I really can't believe how they get away with all that cynical shit, but that is league for you. That Simms bloke who spilled the ball for the Broncos must feel like a useless fluffybunny right now.

Yup gutted to see the cheating pricks knock out the Broncos.
Really cant see the Sharks beating them either.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Did anyone catch the sports report on Nine news on Friday? I cracked up laughing when Dickhead Weidler claimed that league was poised to knock off the All Blacks as the no.1 sport in the hearts of NZ'ers. Or am I completely wrong Virg and you now see the Warriors as NZ' no.1 team?

I was talking to a mate yesterday who was raving about a great game it was on Saturday night when all I was thinking is how boring and predictable it was and my father and brother (both rabid mingoes) were whinging about all the dropped balls, negative play and stuff like that. Outstanding finsh though, I will give them that.

Virgil

Larry Dwyer (12)
Aussie D said:
Did anyone catch the sports report on Nine news on Friday? I cracked up laughing when Dickhead Weidler claimed that league was poised to knock off the All Blacks as the no.1 sport in the hearts of NZ'ers. Or am I completely wrong Virg and you now see the Warriors as NZ' no.1 team?

I was talking to a mate yesterday who was raving about a great game it was on Saturday night when all I was thinking is how boring and predictable it was and my father and brother (both rabid mingoes) were whinging about all the dropped balls, negative play and stuff like that. Outstanding finsh though, I will give them that.

Nah will never happen, the AB's have finished their 3N/Domestic season and theres a month or so till the EOYT.
And in the meantime the Warriors are winning at the business end of their comp. Id say that of the 'fans' and supporters who are getting excited and watching them, at least half maybe more have not followed them all year.
Fair weather fans you could say. If they had lost then noway would they receive this much attention.

Just wait to November 1

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
That was a fair old belting by the Eagles as the Warriors were their own worst enemy in sniffing distance of the line. Still, with Orford not at 100% they'll find it tough against the Storm who completely buttfucked the Sharks.

Virgil

Larry Dwyer (12)
NTA said:
That was a fair old belting by the Eagles as the Warriors were their own worst enemy in sniffing distance of the line. Still, with Orford not at 100% they'll find it tough against the Storm who completely buttfucked the Sharks.

Just outclassed, picking and supporting Manly to shaft the Storm next week

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Looked like the Warriors ran out of puff - though after the last few titanic weeks they've put on, understandable. Normal transmission resumes in NZ as league drops off the radar ;)

I'll back the Eagles simply because I started supporting them the day my brother decided he'd support Parramatta. And because Beaver Menzies is a fucking top bloke and deserves the sendoff. And because the Storm are dirty fluffybunnys.

Virgil

Larry Dwyer (12)
NTA said:
And because Beaver Menzies is a fucking top bloke and deserves the sendoff. And because the Storm are dirty fluffybunnys.

yep same reasons as myself.
yeah 4 weeks of knockout footy was too much, still we achieved one thing, indirectly we knocked Cam Smith out of the finals.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Dear Storm: Suck my hairy bag you dirty bastards. 40-NIL you soft fags. Go the Beaver!

Regards,

NTA

Virgil

Larry Dwyer (12)
NTA said:
Dear Storm: Suck my hairy bag you dirty bastards. 40-NIL you soft fags. Go the Beaver!

Regards,

NTA

Couldnt agree more
40 nil!! :lmao:
Makes us Warriors supporters a bit better, losing to such a superior team.

Status
Not open for further replies.