• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Watching the Wallabies games on the web

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougdew99

Allen Oxlade (6)
I am in the UK and it looks like Sky will not be showing the Hong Kong game... this is a terrible situation for this Aussie/Kiwi household.

Anyone know if it is being broadcast on the web?

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Doug im pretty sure they are broadcasting it at 9:30 on saturday morning on sky sports 1

Just checked my planner ad skipped forward to saturday morning and its definitely on.

dougdew99

Allen Oxlade (6)
Thanks guys.... I was looking on the Sky Rugby Union page which is not up to date... now we can watch it on TV... the whole nerve racking experience....

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
" Perhaps we could revive the Ten-Pound-Pom scheme on a one-off basis, ship him out and naturalise him." - I resemble that remark

I was thinking of coming to Aus on my gap year but the increase in uni costs have put an end to that dream, for now.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I think you mean gap yah. And do it anyway, god knows there aren't enough of you out here already :)

Says an Aussie who gap yahhed in England/Europe...

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Jnor that is a funny video and I know alot of people who talk like that (unfortunately).

I would love to do it still but im not sure if its financially viable,

anything non-mainstream that you guys can recommend? or Rugby playing opportunities?

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Jnor that is a funny video and I know alot of people who talk like that (unfortunately).

I would love to do it still but im not sure if its financially viable,

anything non-mainstream that you guys can recommend? or Rugby playing opportunities?

Jobs such as labouring and barwork are fairly well paid here - more than enough to support a student lifestyle.

Depending on the level of your rugby, you might get assistance to find accommodation and work through a club.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
dobduff11

You have an mission. The Wallabies play Leicester and Munster in mid-week games and in this 3rd World rugby country the games are not on TV. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find out how these games can be accessed via the wonders of the internet.

As always, should any member of your team be caught or killed, Green and Gold Rugby will disavow all knowledge of your actions.

O

OLDDOG

try rugbyzone fellas. cost is about 100 bucks PA, works well for me, altho in some countries cannot air if rights already there. works in the US, middle east etc. good luck

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Looks like its still there, but for what they were calling Zone 5 (including UK and Australia) they say they only have rights to some games from US and Canada.

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)
dobduff11

You have an mission. The Wallabies play Leicester and Munster in mid-week games and in this 3rd World rugby country the games are not on TV. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find out how these games can be accessed via the wonders of the internet.

As always, should any member of your team be caught or killed, Green and Gold Rugby will disavow all knowledge of your actions.

dobduff - If you're keen, maybe we could travel to both Leicester and Munster games and cover them live for the site? I'm in London, so it's not too far out...and I've got a macboook and 3G dongle...

Status
Not open for further replies.