• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waverley Women's Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Tough luck Hodgo but it's probably safe to rest and make sure your 100% good to go. Good to hear your girls are stringing together some good results. Good luck with your groin.

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
Kristy & I
photo-1.jpg

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
Yesterday we went to Bondi beach to train & work on our tackling.when going through a drill I noticed a guy who was very intrigued with what we were doing during his jog on the sand.

It was ex Reds flanker David Croft.

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
We have recently been nominated in the Sevens By The Sea comp at Newport next Saturday.
I'll be waterrunning/cheerleading for the girls.

This comp has the Vikings from Canberra coming up and several Sydney teams coming into the comp

This coincides with the Newport 10s mens comp which our boys are nominated.

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
We were in the 7s by the sea comp at Pittwater Park yesterday, we lost both of our games to 2 very good sides, then had to withdraw due to injury/numbers.

One of our forwards came down awkwardly in a tackle and fractured her ankle & A back injured her knee which made us have to decide on the welfare of the rest of our players as we are to play in Redfern 7s on March 19

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
And they say women's rugby wouldn't be as rough as men's....

Sorry to hear about the injuries, good luck next time...

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
The ankle fracture was a first timer too.

And funnily enough the boys at our club are more scared of us!

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
The womens team were struggling when I played at The Waves but every club should have a womens side they certainly add to a club, especially socially

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
The womens team were struggling when I played at The Waves but every club should have a womens side they certainly add to a club, especially socially

I was told once that if you want to play serious football you play for Sydney Uni or Warringah. We like to have a bit of fun and play rugby as well.

At the present we have ex Welsh international Phillippa Tuitiett helping us and Kevin "Frosty" Frost as our main coach. We recruited heavily through the off season & with a few positive reports we are hoping for a good season.

Here is the write up from the Sevens By The Sea competiton http://www.waverleyrugby.com.au/ann...7/sevens-by-the-sea-warringah-5th-march-2011/

I have also since decided to work more on my game
skills and tackling before I make the pitch this year which means I'll be sitting out the start of the season for the time being.

Having an ASD I do have to work harder than anyone to process the information, and my rugby in an agreed opinion just isn't where it could be for anyone else. I'm setting goals to make sure I cam get a bit of game time this year & hope its soon.

Although I had aspirations to play hooker this season I agreed on with the club to look at training as a flanker. Whilst I'm still very new to playing rugby I would like to work on my game first before I play, not only as confidence thing but safety thing as well.

Next comp for the girls is Redfern 7s next Sat at the Indigenous Centre for Excellence.

26th March is a XVs trial against Hamilton & Uni Norths at Waverley Oval at 11am

2nd April is our first game of the XVs season. It looks likely that we will be at Campbelltown that day.

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
Redfern 7s is on this Sat at the National Centre of Indigenous Excellence.

Waverley is "hosting" this competition, come on down games
do start reasonably early.

We have a raffle going all proceeds going to the Christchurch Earthquake.

There is also a selection to be announced to play at SFS for the curtain raiser to the Waratahs vs Cheetahs game to be announced that day.

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
Hello all sorry for not updating sooner, been very unwell.

Waverley are now moving onto the XVs season with the first round on Saturday vs Penrith at Jamison Park in Penrith (2pm kickoff) I've missed a few sessions because of illness but am ready to resume training now.

We had a 2 way XVs trial last weekend at Dover Heights against Hamilton (Newcastle) and Uni Norths Owls (ACT) we won the first game and were narrowly defeated in the second.

We have also announced out leaders for 2011, with Noella "Nelly" Green as captain. Our vice captains are Melanie Ryan & Nik "Spud" Buchanan.

I am going to Penrith on Saturday as team photographer so come on down and show your support for Women's rugby!

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
Sorry I haven't been quick on the updates.
We just finished round 2 of the SWRU Competition beating rockdale 56-29 @ home.

We lost last week to Penrith (at penrith) 26-12 so this win was a fantastic feeling.

We play merrylands (away) next Saturday at 2pm.

Waverley Rugby Club is hosting "ladies day" at Waverley Oval on April 30, visit http://www.waverleyrugby.com.au for more info

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Hey Hodgo great to see you had a win, is Rockdale a new addition to your comp? I dont remember seeing them before. Great if it is always good to get some more teams. Our comp is at 4 teams but last year it was really stretched at 6 now its very competiive as all the teams have very good depth. We may be getting some new teams in the next couple of years as a few clubs are interested in gaining a womens team and school girl numbers are really high in Newie at the moment.

My team had a good win on the weekend to our arch nemesis Wanderers so we are pretty happy, still early though.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
In a replay of last season's Sydney Women's Rugby Grand Final, Uni defeated Warringah 17-0 at Uni tonight. Good standard rugby.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I heard Warringah's womens team has been the dominate team for a number of years. There was some talk up here in Newie that the best of ours should play the best of Sydney. It would be good if it happended.

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
yeah they are, cheryl soon, cobie jane morgan, ruan sims are some of the wallaroo girls who play for warringah. them and sydney uni are the dominant teams in sydney

rockdale only very very new to the comp.

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
Sorry I haven't been updating much on this thread.
We have only so far won one game against Rockdale 54-29

We have since played Merrylands 29-0
Sydney Uni 71-0
Warringah 45-10
Penrith 61-10

We are playing Rockdale again this weekend with a few numbers short.

Status
Not open for further replies.