• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

Good to see reports in the Herald Sun that JOC (James O'Connor) won't be selected for the first Bledisloe Test. I know you can't believe everything you read in the papers but if reports are correct that he was entering a Kings Cross nightclub at 5.30am on the Sunday and missed a Wallabies team meeting at 10.00am, which in all probability was going to be Robbie Deans last and a farewell to the troops, when all other players were there, that just shows the kind of character (or lack of) JOC (James O'Connor) has.

Robbie the guy that backed JOC (James O'Connor) and gave him the chance to play at 10 and that's how JOC (James O'Connor) shows respect to him. This also confirms a story from my brother who saw JOC (James O'Connor) out 2 hours after the game suited up, made up and ready to play up.

I just don't know if the Force should even bother with him.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I liked the interview I saw on the telly with Benny Mac last night. He made it abundantly clear that if JOC (James O'Connor) were to return to the Force it would be on their terms, not his. He also fairly directly laid down the marker about player attitude and the kind of team culture they are trying to build. It was the reason why Mafi was shown the door and I'm 100% on board with that as a Force member.

JOC (James O'Connor) can play fullback next year if he comes back, with Morahan and DHP on the wings. The Badger can move to outside centre.
Nah JOC (James O'Connor) to the wing Morahan at full back cummins on the other wing. Then Mathewson, Godwin and toupo.

M

Moono75

Sheeno gone to. Along with Bronwy a great servant to the club. Bronwy more so.

Ado Tornado

Allen Oxlade (6)
Say what you will about the kid, last night he was pivotal in that second half turn around for the Rebels. That ball he put Vuna though for the try was magic. I'm sure Foley and Hodgson will lay day the law and the riot act to him next week when they meet and if JOC (James O'Connor) is prepared to pull his head in and wake up to himself, he will be buy of the year.

The Force have shown a lot of ticker this season, but really lacked the class in the backs. (with the excision of Godwin) With the backs talent they've signed
and JOC (James O'Connor) They will go a lot further in the comp.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I think with what has happened in the last week and the strict criteria that will be written into his contract, not to mention the team culture, it may be just the right time to buy James O'Connor.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
The force I think are definitely looking like they know what they want in terms of recruitment.

You've always been relatively strong up front, with a potentially excellent back row but lacking class and consistency in the backs (in both attack and defense). Signing Holmes (as a 10) and Morahan (as a winger/13) and JOC (James O'Connor) (as a back 3 player) as well as narrowly missing out on Horne (who will be available again at the end of next year) shows the intent to change the complexion of the force backline. All you need now is for Godwin to continue to improve, the Honey badger to get on board (though I'm hoping to see him in Red next year) and things are looking up.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
2014 Squad So Far
1. Chris Alcock 2014
2. Phoenix Battye 2014
3. Junior Rasolea 2014
4. Nathan Charles 2014
5. Angus Cottrell 2014
6. Pek Cowan 2014 - Wallaby Caps
7. Sias Ebersohn 2014 Development Player Spot
8. Kyle Godwin 2016
9. Matt Hodgson 2015 Wallaby Caps
10. Kieran Longbottom 2014
11. Alby Mathewson 2014 Marquee Player Spot
12. Ben McCalman 2015 Wallaby Caps
13. Ed Stubbs 2014
14. Chris Tuatara-Morrison 2014
15. Hugh McMeniman 2015 Wallaby Caps
16. Luke Morahan 2015 Wallaby Cap
17. Zack Holmes 2015
18. Ian Prior 2015
19. Sam Wykes 2015
20. Tetera Faulkner 2015
21. Dane Haylett-Petty 2014
22. Willhelm Steenkamp 2016 Marquee Player Spot
23. Jayden Hayward 2014 Development Player Spot

EPS 2014

Off contract (in RED = Must Keep)
Nick Cummins
Pat Dellit
Winston Stanley
Rory Walton (EPS)
Salesi Manu (EPS)
Mick Snowden (EPS)
Heath Tessmann

GONE
Sam Christie (EPS)
James Hilterbrand (EPS)
Ben Jacobs
Sam Norton-Knight
Toby Lynn
Salesi Ma'afu
Lachlan McCaffrey
Will Tupou
Brett Sheehan
Ben Whittaker
Richard Brown

Rumoured Signings
James O’Connor
Chris Heiberg
Marcel Brache

So Something like this in 2014

1 Pek
2 Charles
3 Longbottom
4 Steenkamp
5 MMM
6 Hodgson
7 Alcock
8 McCalman

9 Alby
10 Holmes
11 Cummins
12 Godwin
13 Junior
14 Morahan
15 JOC (James O'Connor)

16 Teesmann
17 Manu
18 Faulkner
19 Wykes
20 Cotrall
21 Prior
22 Haywood
23 DHP

Very Handy team in deed. Bring on 2014!

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
2014 Squad So Far
1. Chris Alcock 2014
2. Phoenix Battye 2014
3. Junior Rasolea 2014
4. Nathan Charles 2014
5. Angus Cottrell 2014
6. Pek Cowan 2014 - Wallaby Caps
7. Sias Ebersohn 2014 Development Player Spot
8. Kyle Godwin 2016
9. Matt Hodgson 2015 Wallaby Caps
10. Kieran Longbottom 2014
11. Alby Mathewson 2014 Marquee Player Spot
12. Ben McCalman 2015 Wallaby Caps
13. Ed Stubbs 2014
14. Chris Tuatara-Morrison 2014
15. Hugh McMeniman 2015 Wallaby Caps
16. Luke Morahan 2015
17. Zack Holmes 2015
18. Ian Prior 2015
19. Sam Wykes 2015
20. Tetera Faulkner 2015
21. Dane Haylett-Petty 2014
22. Willhelm Steenkamp 2016 Marquee Player Spot
23. Jayden Hayward 2014

EPS 2014

Off contract (in RED = Must Keep)
Nick Cummins
Pat Dellit
Winston Stanley
Rory Walton (EPS)
Salesi Manu (EPS)
Mick Snowden (EPS)
Heath Tessmann

GONE
Sam Christie (EPS)
James Hilterbrand (EPS)
Ben Jacobs
Sam Norton-Knight
Toby Lynn
Salesi Ma'afu
Lachlan McCaffrey
Will Tupou
Brett Sheehan
Ben Whittaker
Richard Brown

Rumoured Signings
James O’Connor
Chris Heiberg
Marcel Brache

So Something like this in 2014

1 Pek
2 Charles
3 Longbottom
4 Steenkamp
5 MMM
6 Hodgson
7 Alcock
8 McCalman

9 Alby
10 Holmes
11 Cummins
12 Godwin
13 Junior
14 Morahan
15 JOC (James O'Connor)

16 Teesmann
17 Manu
18 ????
19 Wykes
20 Cotrall
21 Prior
22 Haywood
23 DHP

Very Handy team in deed. Bring on 2014!
Love the locks and back row!

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yeh I was always happy with him coming across. Looks like we new a couple of props
At the moment you need 4 props in you main squad but with the extra prop on the bench next year i think we will need another one.

2014 Props

Cowan LHP
Longbottom THP
Faulkner THP

The above are signed on below is rumoured.

Manu LHP/THP
Heiberg LHP

So not to bad id also like us to sign Ollie Hoskins and bring back Cruze Ah-Nue as squad cover and to develop via the Super B comp.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
As if Walton isn't a priority signing? He's awesome.
Not sure we have room for him on the main squad. Battye is signed till the end of next year but cant get a game with Walton being picked in front of him.

Walton was great in his first match but still has a lot to learn. Keep him on an EPS contract and if he improves more he can take Battyes spot.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Not sure we have room for him on the main squad. Battye is signed till the end of next year but cant get a game with Walton being picked in front of him.

Walton was great in his first match but still has a lot to learn. Keep him on an EPS contract and if he improves more he can take Battyes spot.

If you don't find a loophole to keep Walton it's your loss. I rate him far higher than Battye.

Woodenspoon

Herbert Moran (7)
Until now I like the fact that in the "gone list" there's nobody I'd like to keep, except Brown. Hope it is so until the squad is done.
According to the Herald Sun, Brache and Heiberg are already signed: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/r...-for-next-season/story-fnibc42r-1226668041012
Moreover, I read this week Force will start talking to Cummins and JOC (James O'Connor) and try to sign them. I hope they do it and sign Manu, too.
If they manage to re-sign Cummins and sign O'Connor, well, I don't think I exaggerate if I say we'll have one of the best backlines in Australia.
Our forward pack looks as usual very good, we needed to sign a more reliabale lock and Steenkamp was signed, then most of the work is done, we only have bech spots to fill with handy and reliable players, especially a hooker and a n.8

Status
Not open for further replies.