• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
And that's cool. But clearly people's biases are played out in the language they use: "over east", "the wild west", and "over there".

WA clearly struggles to get any real positive attention/press/money among the rugby playing states.

The place struggles for rugby recognition among the states where it's not the the native game.

As much was said in the podcast this week.
so you think thats different in Canberra and Victoria just this week I got told by a Queensland fan ( on here) that his pissed cos canberra stole there players and his allowed to be miffed.. Rugby isnt the biggest sport in any state.. You guys have a feel good story and should pack the stadium for it... but it aint the east coast states to do it for you.. You know what we have our own teams.

If the Force aint packing out on every news channel talked abput everywhere there.. That's your fault. .

Cos its a passing as a rugbt fan, Just like Brumbies making thd final last year. 90 percent WA Fans dont care

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Guys - does anyone have a link to the podcast with Mark S? I can't seem to find a download button and am very keen to hear what he has to say.

caymantim

Herbert Moran (7)
I was being sympathetic. Under these circumstances and in the age of the internet, air travel, TV.. Tyranny of distance is nothing more then an expression..a perception for some.

...except for the players who are physically doing the travel... it is not easy! ...and I would imagine the same for any reporters following a team... or not... for that reason.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Just watched the Longbottom clip on YouTube and prior was running with the reserves vest on next to Walton hoping that means Alby is back.
Actually I was wrong it was turner nor prior :( so in guess Alby is a no go this week.

Wykes however was running with the main team.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Ticket sales looking good for sat night. Only gold tix available in the bleachers by the looks of it. Can the crowd reach 20k this season?

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
Phoenix Battye will play for Beziers next year (Official)
Adam Coleman still on the shopping list for Narbonne

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Phoenix Battye will play for Beziers next year (Official)
Adam Coleman still on the shopping list for Narbonne
Yeah Battye was told he wasn't required next year.

However Colman is and won't be going anywhere if he is smart he would is a shoe in for a full contract next year and has even been mentioned as a future wallaby by plenty of people wouldn't be smart to go to play for a second div French side.

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
Yeah Battye was told he wasn't required next year.

However Colman is and won't be going anywhere if he is smart he would is a shoe in for a full contract next year and has even been mentioned as a future wallaby by plenty of people wouldn't be smart to go to play for a second div French side.

Yeah, he's been getting good raps from Dwyer and the Fox commentators - not usually the source of anything positive about Force players. So, that's saying something!

He'd be stupid to leave now.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Sorry Sud, but every time I see you post I think- Who is it now?

Battye was bound to go. He has barely played a game in four odd years at the Force. Hopefully he comes back one day. He has potential. I had hoped if he left, he'd have taken Hugh Pyles place at the Rebels.

I really hope Coleman stays. It wouldn't be that hard for him to nail down a starting spot at the Force, especially with Hugh McMeniman gone. He would definitely be worth a contract upgrade.

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
Sorry Sud, but every time I see you post I think- Who is it now?

Sorry mate, I'll try to bring some better news next time ;-)
I'm not that happy to see Super Rugby losing that much players every year... It is not a good thing for French rugby anyway
For the moment no other transfer rumors regarding the Force.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Phoenix Battye has some potential but a couple of years in France will be good for him. Hopefully he comes back. He's a bit of an artist too I believe so this will be great opportunity for him to immerse himself in that culture as well. Sad that our young forwards have to go elsewhere to develop, but I will be ok with it if he comes back. If he doesn't, then its a real shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.