• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
So i know its a long way away but i thought with the signing of Hoskins and Coleman yesterday i would have a look at the list for next year, who is signed up and who is off contract.

So far 16 players are locked in with 19 player (including the EPS) without a contract for next year. This includes MMM who was signed until 2015 but looks to have been released from the final year of his contract.

I highlighted the players who i think we need to sign asap and the ones we could afford to loose and the ones that need to go.

I would be interested in everyone thoughts n the state of the list and who you think we need to keep and the players we could let go. As well as the different players out there we could look at bringing across.

As far as I'm aware we can have 2 Marquee players and 6 Development players s we currently have 1 and 3 signed up for next year.

This is how its stands as of today.

2015 Squad
1.Chris Heiberg Development Player 2016
2.Ollie Hoskins 2016
3.Tetera Faulkner 2015
4.Heath Tessman 2015
5.Wilhelm Steenkamp Marquee Player 2016
6.Sam Wykes 2015
7.Adam Coleman 2016
8.Matt Hodgson Wallabies Caps 2015
9.Ben McCalman Wallabies Caps 2015
10.Brynard Stander Development Player 2015
11.Ian Prior 2015
12.Zack Holmes 2015
13.Kyle Godwin 2016
14.Marcel Brache Development Player 2015
15.Luke Morahan Wallabies Cap 2015
16.Nick Cummins Wallabies Caps 2015

Off Contract

Need to Keep
Maybe Keep
Needs To Go

Pek Cowan Wallabies Caps
Kieran Longbottom
Salesi Manu
Phoenix Battye
Chris Alcock
Angus Cottrell
Alby Mathewson Marquee Player All Black Caps
Sias Ebersohn Development Player
Chris Tuatara-Morrison
Ed Stubbs
Dane Haylett-Petty
Junior Rasolea
Jayden Hayward Development Player
Pat Dellit
Robbie Abel (EPS)
Rory Walton (EPS)
Ryan Louwrens (EPS)
Luke Burton (EPS)

Hugh McMennamin (Was contracted for 2015 but he gone)

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Agree with the REDS and BLUES

CTM has certainly lifted his game in the little we've seen of him.
We may get to see more over the coming weeks.

Ryan Louwrens still shows good potential.

Agree with tranquility re Sias (who too has lifted).

No matter where the WF finish this year I tip that we'll be surprised by the up-and-coming young talent who would like to move to the Force because of the culture and standards, to get more game time and enjoy their rugby again! So the rest of the GREENS may miss out.

M

Moono75

A few years back Dellit was the Force young player of the year. He has been disappointing for a while now. Move him on. We could do with an exciting speedster on the wing. Might give us the option to shift the Badger to 13 down the track.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
We need to keep Sias.
Also, I think Alby has played his two years allowed as a marquee player, I dont think we can keep him?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
We need to keep Sias.
Also, I think Alby has played his two years allowed as a marquee player, I dont think we can keep him?
I was probably a bit harsh in Sias I just feel if something better where to come up which is unlikely I would rather lose him than Holmes.

On Alby they are in talk with the ARU to re-sign him using delve at the Rebs a precedence will have to wait and see.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
If Alby goes, we will have another marquee player spot freed up.
Who do we target? What positions?

I think scrumhalf is covered, with Prior, Turner and Louwrens.
We have quite a strong front row and back row, and Steenkamp in the second row.
I would be looking at a marquee 13 or outside back I think.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Huzzah!

Cottrell devoted to Force

Flanker Angus Cottrell wants to continue his burgeoning Super Rugby career with Western Force.
Speculation has been rife the Reds are trying to lure him back to Queensland but Cottrell, whose form has made him a bolter for the Wallabies, said Perth was now home.
"My first preference is to stay here with the Force," he said as he prepared for Saturday night's clash with the Cheetahs in Bloemfontein.
"I've been here three years. It is my home. I enjoy living here, I love playing rugby here."
Ironically, Cottrell was signed by former Force coach Richard Graham, who defected to the now- struggling Reds.
Read More:https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/rugby-union/a/23321732/cottrel-devoted-to-force/

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I have been thinking about what we need in the squad going forward and TBH i am and very happy with the state of players we already have and .

One thing we do need is a top quality 13 and i think there is a player out there we need to sign

Rob Horne

He is off contract at the end of this year almost signed with us last year and is great super rugby player with heaps of potential and has a history with Foley. He is wasted at the tahs on the wing.

He and Godwin would be a menace pairing both have great defense Horne is a great crash baller which would free Godwin up to play his natural game like we saw last year!

Make it happen Sinders and Foles!

M

Moono75

I agree Gaffa. Of those that may be available next year I think Rob Horne would be a good choice and is probably pretty likely if Foley has any say.

He's only 24 yet has good Super Rugby and International experience behind him, yet he still has room to improve. He seems to have put the niggling injuries behind him now and the Force are doing all the right things as far as looking like a good employment option.

Would still like to see a big fast winger (real x-factor) in the team as well.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I agree Gaffa. Of those that may be available next year I think Rob Horne would be a good choice and is probably pretty likely if Foley has any say.

He's only 24 yet has good Super Rugby and International experience behind him, yet he still has room to improve. He seems to have put the niggling injuries behind him now and the Force are doing all the right things as far as looking like a good employment option.

Would still like to see a big fast winger (real x-factor) in the team as well.
Having Horne at 13 would allow you to play junior in the wing but I think with cummins and Morahan we have that covered

M

Moono75

Having Horne at 13 would allow you to play junior in the wing but I think with cummins and Morahan we have that covered

Was thinking similar with Junior but he's still not fast fast. Listed at 102kg...perhaps could drop a couple of kilos.

Swandive

Allen Oxlade (6)
What has happened to that promising Prop Salesi Manu? I thought he was a good up and comer last year and would be a regular starter this year but he seems to have dropped out of the picture. Is he injured?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
What has happened to that promising Prop Salesi Manu? I thought he was a good up and comer last year and would be a regular starter this year but he seems to have dropped out of the picture. Is he injured?

No not injured.

I had high hopes for him at the start of the year and was very surprised he wasn't picked and Hoskins was.

Then i saw him play against the Japan A team that was here for the pacific cup and it became very clear.

He was very lazy around the park and was getting boned by a bloke who would have been 30kg lighter than him.

Which is a shame considering the form he showed when he made his debut.

He only had a 1 year contract so i wouldn't think he wont be staying but i hope does.

If not would love to see another team pick him u because i think he has a lot offer maybe a change of environment is in need.

M

Moono75

Watched the end of the Cheetahs match back again. I think the knee injury was from the Adriaan Strauss hit which was late.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Yes!!!!!!
yjase3y3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.