• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Very interesting. I guess we will probably find out for sure on the weekend when the Currie Cup kicks off.

What will be more interesting will be whether, regardless of where he plays this year, if he sticks with the Stormers or Force for next year. Surely he is more likely to get game time with the Force.

caymantim

Herbert Moran (7)
Solomoni Rasolea signs for a further two seasons.

Good news. I was not a fan last year, or early in the season, but he really developed an excellent partnership with Sias & Godwin... I thought they complemented each other well, and it was the major reason we struggled later on. The replacement centre combos kept the momentum going for a bit, but struggled after the break. Overall a good thing getting experience there to add to our depth, but would like to see that partnership continue to evolve...

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Good news. I was not a fan last year, or early in the season, but he really developed an excellent partnership with Sias & Godwin. I thought they complemented each other well, and it was the major reason we struggled later on. The replacement centre combos kept the momentum going for a bit, but struggled after the break. Overall a good thing getting experience there to add to our depth, but would like to see that partnership continue to evolve.
The thing that I didn’t realise is that the bloke is only 23 still yet to hit his prime he will only get better.

With Godwin (22) and Sias (25) we have a what looks to be something promising they will all grow with each other and become a very good combo in the next couple of year.

Expect Sias to be announced soon on what could be a 3 year deal which would see him qualify for the Wobs.

caymantim

Herbert Moran (7)
I'm w Gaffa... I'd love to see what Godwin could do at 13... although not the traditional 13 stature, his defense is perfectly suited to it and he might open things up for our back 3.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
So what will that mean?

4. Wykes
5. Mafi
6. Cottrell
7. Hodgson
8. McCalman

Either way you look at it one of Wykes, Cottrell And coleman are set to miss out. Which is unfortunate

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
St Catastrophe of the Injuries has yet to make up her mind, but she assures me they'll all get plenty of game time in 2015.

Be nice to see young Coleman put in a breakout season and develop into one of Australia's best second-rowers.

And then return to the Tahs. :cool:

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Unless they are planning on slowly implementing a backrow in which cottrell moves to 7? I cant imagine a hodgson has to many more years in him and to be honest i like the idea of playing a back five of:

4. Wykes
5. Coleman
6. Mafi
7. Cotrell
8. Ben McCalman

However does it seem strange that force would sign walton to a full contract, resign cotrell. steenkamp, coleman, Alcock. If they where gonna turn around and sign this guy?

Especially when you have ripper backrowers like RHP coming through. Perhaps there is something to the Growden rumour of someone wanting a release.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Unless they are planning on slowly implementing a backrow in which cottrell moves to 7? I cant imagine a hodgson has to many more years in him and to be honest i like the idea of playing a back five of:

4. Wykes
5. Coleman
6. Mafi
7. Cotrell
8. Ben McCalman

However does it seem strange that force would sign walton to a full contract, resign cotrell. steenkamp, coleman, Alcock. If they where gonna turn around and sign this guy?

Especially when you have ripper backrowers like RHP coming through. Perhaps there is something to the Growden rumour of someone wanting a release.

foley has said he wanted someone to replace MMM which mafi would.

I guess they feel RHP isn't quite ready yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.