• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
yes, they have also got Stander and Alcock so massive depth from 4-8 which is what you need at this level. We just need the same depth in the backline now with a couple more signings.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I think he still has 1 year to go - 2015, would be nice to extend now though.

I think Cowan is the only one left not contracted for next year at this stage.

Here you go

2015 Squad Updated
1.Chris Heiberg Development Player 2016
2.Ollie Hoskins 2016
3.Tetera Faulkner 2015
4.Heath Tessman 2015
5.Wilhelm Steenkamp Marquee Player 2016
6.Sam Wykes 2015
7.Adam Coleman 2016
8.Matt Hodgson Wallabies Caps 2015
9.Ben McCalman Wallabies Caps 2015
10.Brynard Stander Development Player 2015
11.Ian Prior 2015
12.Zack Holmes 2015
13.Kyle Godwin 2016
14.Marcel Brache Development Player 2015
15.Luke Morahan Wallabies Cap 2015
16. Alby Mathewson Marquee All Black Caps 2016
17. Angus Cottrell 2016
18. Nathan Charles Wallabies Caps 2016
19. Rory Walton 2016
20. Pat Dellit 2015
21. Dane Haylett-Petty 2015
22. Chris Alcock 2016
23. Junior Rasolea 2016

Off contract
Pek Cowan Wallabies Caps
Sias Ebersohn Development Player (New 3 year deal rumoured)
Robbie Abel (EPS)
Ryan Louwrens (EPS) (Injured)
Luke Burton (EPS)

Gone
Phoenix Battye
Kieran Longbottom
Hugh McMennamin
Nick Cummins Wallabies Caps
Jayden Hayward
Salesi Manu
Ed Stubbs
Chris Tuatara-Morrison
Rumoured Signings
Steve Mafi

M

Moono75

That's a good pick up by the Force. Based on Mafi signing and the fact that we beat the Tahs in our last game.......I declare the Force 2015 Super Rugby provisional Champions. I'm so happy :)

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Here you go

2015 Squad Updated
2.Ollie Hoskins 2016
3.Tetera Faulkner 2015
4.Heath Tessman 2015
6.Sam Wykes 2015
7.Adam Coleman 2016
11.Ian Prior 2015
12.Zack Holmes 2015
13.Kyle Godwin 2016
17. Angus Cottrell 2016
19. Rory Walton 2016
20. Pat Dellit 2015
22. Chris Alcock 2016
23. Junior Rasolea 2016

Off contract
Pek Cowan Wallabies Caps
Robbie Abel (EPS)
Luke Burton (EPS)

Gone
Phoenix Battye
Kieran Longbottom
Hugh McMennamin
Jayden Hayward
Salesi Manu
Ed Stubbs
Chris Tuatara-Morrison
Rumoured Signings
Steve Mafi

Think you'll miss Hayward most. That list looks a bit thin for outside backs. Morahan and DHP look to be the only wing/No15s of Super level. Where's your young bloke from the U20s? He was a standout at the U20s.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Think you'll miss Hayward most. That list looks a bit thin for outside backs. Morahan and DHP look to be the only wing/No15s of Super level. Where's your young bloke from the U20s? He was a standout at the U20s.
Yeah Foley has said they are chasing a few back 3 players
The west was reporting they are after a winger from NZ and I have no doubt Lacey will get a gig. He was awarded the best colt yesterday at the WA awards. Id Also be very surprised if Burton doesn't get a full contract.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
We need a props (one if Cowan stays), a fly-half (if Ebersohn doesn't re-sign), a centre and two outside backs (three if Cummins doesn't come back from Japan) to make a squad of 30.

We'd then probably need an extra prop, hooker (Abel or Harry Scoble?) and scrum-half (Justin Turner or Ryan Louwrens) to make up the 33 with the new EPS.

Luke Burton might fit in as the fly-half or centre. Lacey in as an outside back. I guess it depends a bit on how they go in the NRC.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
What Foley desperately needs is a coupla gun assistant coaches, especially for the backs.

Foley already has two very good assistants in David Wessels and Kevin Foote. Both have done a great job over the past 2 seasons and are very much part of the team.

With the ongoing improvements wouldn't expect any changes.

Just the injection of some new talent (e.g Steve Mafi to replace MMM) into key x-factor roles and the signing of some local lads into the wider playing group.

starkz

Frank Nicholson (4)
Here you go

2015 Squad Updated
2.Ollie Hoskins 2016
3.Tetera Faulkner 2015
4.Heath Tessman 2015
6.Sam Wykes 2015
7.Adam Coleman 2016
11.Ian Prior 2015
12.Zack Holmes 2015
13.Kyle Godwin 2016
17. Angus Cottrell 2016
19. Rory Walton 2016
20. Pat Dellit 2015
22. Chris Alcock 2016
23. Junior Rasolea 2016

Off contract
Pek Cowan Wallabies Caps
Robbie Abel (EPS)
Luke Burton (EPS)

Gone
Phoenix Battye
Kieran Longbottom
Hugh McMennamin
Jayden Hayward
Salesi Manu
Ed Stubbs
Chris Tuatara-Morrison
Rumoured Signings
Steve Mafi

They really should try to keep Cowan otherwise they will get dominated in the scrums next year.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Is anyone worried about Contrell coming back in the same form.. Seem that type of injury (see Leo, Mitchell) don't come back in the same form..

Maybe that's why theres some more cover in the backrow.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
different injury to mitchell. Mitchell was a dislocated ankle which usually means torn syndesmosis and in some cases a fracture as well.

I believe Cottrel had run of the mill ankle break? Which is unfortunate but not as severe

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
different injury to mitchell. Mitchell was a dislocated ankle which usually means torn syndesmosis and in some cases a fracture as well.

I believe Cottrel had run of the mill ankle break? Which is unfortunate but not as severe
I think I see what Mitchell and Leo have gone through and worry but probably effects backs more then forwards as they lost pace and agility. Hopefully his back bigger better next year.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Fractured ankle can mean anything from a cracked fibula to a traumatic fracture/dislocation with tearing of the syndesmosis and ankle ligaments. If it's more toward the latter end of the spectrum the ankle is more unstable and takes a more invasive operation and longer recovery time.
If he just managed to break he talus or something it's less serious (like 12-14 weeks or something)

Tigs Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
You guys have just signed my favourite Tiger, so therefore you're going to have to be my Super rugby team.

TBH I didn't know how much info you guys would have on him down there, but it appears you are all clued up on how good he is.

Mafi is a great player and great bloke and will be one of the best signings you guys could have made, he will be a beast in the super rugby.

IMO he is a 6 that can cover lock, and I am glad to have been able to see him grow as player here at Leicester, to such an extent that the coach who cut him originally wanted him.

here an article about his change from Tahs to Leicester

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ru...Mafi--Leicester-lock-exclusive-Chris-Foy.html

Showing he speed in the final 0.28 (We lost)

All the best.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
You guys have just signed my favourite Tiger, so therefore you're going to have to be my Super rugby team.

TBH I didn't know how much info you guys would have on him down there, but it appears you are all clued up on how good he is.

Mafi is a great player and great bloke and will be one of the best signings you guys could have made, he will be a beast in the super rugby.

IMO he is a 6 that can cover lock, and I am glad to have been able to see him grow as player here at Leicester, to such an extent that the coach who cut him originally wanted him.

here an article about his change from Tahs to Leicester

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ru...Mafi--Leicester-lock-exclusive-Chris-Foy.html

Showing he speed in the final 0.28 (We lost)

All the best.
Welcome Tigs Man
Reading that article, it seemed that he was unwanted by Foley back in 2010 because he was too small.

Yet here he is four years later, being chased by Foley. His signing is somewhat auspiscious in that he added the 10kg bulk while playing physical, NH rugby, but is still a dynamic player. Leceister seems to have done Foley a service!

If he becomes eligible in 2016 for Australia, he'll be 26 and at his peak.
Looking forward to him ripping in.

Status
Not open for further replies.