• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Take the purple out and make it a bit darker

2015 force jersey.jpg

M

Moono75

I think the white jersey looks cleaner. For 10 years in the making and the social media buildup it's a bit of a non event jersey really. I'll stick with my 2012 version and inaugural season jersey (the classic) for the big games.

Marketing department I want my 10 year lapel badge!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Interesting that the Force have signed two foreign wingers in the last couple of weeks.

I would have thought they were pretty well stocked in that position. You'd think that Haylett-Petty and Morahan would take two of the back three positions every week when fit.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Interesting that the Force have signed two foreign wingers in the last couple of weeks.

I would have thought they were pretty well stocked in that position. You'd think that Haylett-Petty and Morahan would take two of the back three positions every week when fit.

DHP will play fullback I think and Morahan on one wing. Looking at the list, we probably needed a little more outside gas and Yamada would be that guy.

caymantim

Herbert Moran (7)
Thx Braveheart... Embarrassingly enough I had looked... apparently not very well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Whats the japanese contingent stand at now in Super Rugby?

Reds: Hendrix Lui
Force: Akihito Yamada
Rebels: Shota Horie
Highlanders: Fumiaki Tanaka?

Guys like Shota Horie will probably form the nucleus of the Japanese Super Rugby team in 2016 so its good to see them et exposure now..

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Its because we Aussies get an exclusion for signing Japanese players. Apparently we can sign one and it is outside our maximum contract numbers. As the Force explain:

Yamada joins the Force as a concessional signing for one year, with each Australian club permitted to recruit one Japanese player in addition to their 35-man senior squad. Yamada will be a part of the Western Force’s senior squad and is immediately eligible for selection.

- See more at: http://www.westernforce.com.au/arti...ese-flyer-akihito-yamada#sthash.DLu1PSUq.dpuf

T

TOCC

I wonder if the JFRU continues to pay them a central contract during that period, given they are mostly short term contracts and they can play most of the Japan Top League comp.. I can't see how else Super Rugby sides can compete with the money on offer in Japan.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I wonder if part of it is the drawcard of playing in a higher calibre competition than the Top League?

Are the player payments in Japan as high for local players as they are for the big and over moderate name imports?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I get the feeling Eddie jones is pushing it too. To get his players a taste of higher quality rugby.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Whats the japanese contingent stand at now in Super Rugby?

Reds: Hendrix Lui
Force: Akihito Yamada
Rebels: Shota Horie
Highlanders: Fumiaki Tanaka?

Guys like Shota Horie will probably form the nucleus of the Japanese Super Rugby team in 2016 so its good to see them get exposure now..

Add Michael Leitch at the Chiefs and Male Sa'u at the Rebels. And Harumichi Tatekawa was at the Brumbies last season but didn't get any game time as far as I know. Not sure if he'll be there again in 2015.

Tanaka is my favourite Japanese player. Surprised another team hasn't recruited him. At the Highlanders he's behind Aaron Smith, but I think there are plenty of teams where he would start. Best taker of the quick tap in world rugby and huge threat with his quick darts close to the ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.