• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think the most exciting thing for the Force is that there is a core of WA players growing at the franchise.

In a couple of years time you might have a matchday 23 that features Hoskins, 2x Haylett-Petty, Godwin, Burton, Scoble and Lacey.

It's getting towards critical mass of WA players which will make keeping a core team together much easier.

I wonder if the relative success of those local players isn't a sign that we should have been putting more faith in local players sooner. Maybe that is a lesson that the Rebels can learn from us.

Not giving Jake Ball a proper run (in fact bringing in Ollie Atkins instead) was a big mistake. Especially when Toby Lynn (who was generally pretty average) was getting a run every week.

Regardless, it is good to see more local players in the team. You mention some good ones Braveheart, but there are also a handful who gave a good account of themselves in the WA U20s, Southern States U20s and Force 'A' who will be putting their hands up in the NRC. They only missed out on higher selection due to the calibre of players above them (Staniforth, Perry, Dempsey, McMahon, etc).

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Rumour is Quirk is heading west. I don't know why though. Maybe he doesn't like Graham. He will be in good company over here.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Seems Pek (or Charles) is likely to go overseas based on Nathan Charles facebook page.

charles.JPG

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...93522.85189.250155228348938&type=1&permPage=1

What's the word with Rasolea, Stubbs?

M

Moono75

The rest of that facebook message from Nathan Charles says "much love to u boys and goodluck in your futures!! It was my most enjoyable year of rugby to date and knowing I had u two pillars there for me had a lot to do with it!!"

That's implying that more than one of them is possibly leaving. Hope its just bad language use of.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
He's been a professional sportsman for a few years now.

Any grammar he learnt at Knox has probably been forgotten when he had to make room for all the sporting idioms he had to learn.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Look, its Growden, so I'm not taking it particularly seriously but:

High-profile Force forward seeking release

Western Force should be happy with their rise on the Super Rugby ladder, but some players weren't delighted when an official "launched a tirade against them" after their last match of the season. One of the Force's best-known forwards is understood already to have asked for a release. He would be immediately snapped up by any of the four other Australian provinces.

http://www.espnscrum.com/australia/rugby/story/234119.html

Who would it be? Nathan Charles? Ben McCalman?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Charles is going to re-sign according to Payto and Panda.

Nathan Charles is on the verge of re-signing with the ARU and Western Force in a deal that will keep him here until the end of 2016.
Charles, 25, has been a high-priority target for clubs in Europe because he carries a German passport, which allows him to be classed as a local and doesn’t count towards foreign quota.
But while the cash is appealing, Charles is strongly driven by his goal of playing in next year’s World Cup and beyond for the Wallabies.
Having made his Test debut last month, Charles is desperate to play more games in the gold jersey.
Charles told us in a text that it is “nice to have my future sorted”.

McCalman was a bit poor last match maybe he got a spray?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Who was the "official"?

What's the point of getting down on the boys at the end of the season? I'd say it was Vern Reid if he was still around.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
MMM is going overseas but why wouldn't McCalman? The Reds and Rebels would surely take him as would the Tahs (cheaper) since Cliffy won't be around forever and the Brumbies would for Mowen?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
MMM is going overseas but why wouldn't McCalman? The Reds and Rebels would surely take him as would the Tahs (cheaper) since Cliffy won't be around forever and the Brumbies would for Mowen?

Reds probably wouldn't because (if I'm correct) he isn't a Qlder by origin. Brumbies I would think are quite happy with Butler, Aeulua and Vaea (if he re-signs). Might go back to the Tahs if Cliff only has one season left in him, but my comment was that not all 4 provinces would likely sign him.

Wonder if Wykes might be the one wanting out? Has more impact in a game than Ben McC and probably would be a gain for most if not all 4 provinces.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Reds probably wouldn't because (if I'm correct) he isn't a Qlder by origin. Brumbies I would think are quite happy with Butler, Aeulua and Vaea (if he re-signs). Might go back to the Tahs if Cliff only has one season left in him, but my comment was that not all 4 provinces would likely sign him.

Wonder if Wykes might be the one wanting out? Has more impact in a game than Ben McC and probably would be a gain for most if not all 4 provinces.
Yeah because the brumbies who just lost a test standard 8 would rather have a 30 year old, a bloke who hasn't played for 2 years and a rookie over a 30 test #8 who was massive in the resurgence of a club this year............

Status
Not open for further replies.