• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Can we sign Alex Northam? Dudes a stud
He would be a "good get".

In the time when pro teams are looking for fast tanks on the wing, Northam is an artful dodger - and we can all name a heap of successful wingers of that type.

Many of us here have been watching him since his school rep games and are glad he has come to notice.

He has already shown his ability to elude opponents in the NRC, albeit mostly in one game, but having seen him often in Shute Shield club rugby here, I am sure there is more to come in that department.

Like a lot of young Australian outside backs his promise looks massive at first when he has space that is there or which he creates. But his future may be decided on how he acts in concert with his fullback, and how he plays in contact whether it be bursting through tackles or stopping opponents trying to do the same - and being in the right place at the right time to do so.

Watch this space on A. Northam.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Ideally we would have him in the academy. I dont think there is room in the main squad. Brumbies offered him a full contract so he would be mad to turn it down for an academy contract.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Tai McIsaac has pulled the pin 1 year into his 3 year contract and will return home to the Gold Coast.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Interesting
He is the Spirit coach and they arent having the same success as last year.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Interesting
He is the Spirit coach and they arent having the same success as last year.

they've only won 2 games this year, but only won 3 last year (before the finals). Rams this weekend mean they can equal last year's record, but are unlikely to make the finals.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Saw a tweet saying Yamada was back next year for the Force.

I think he can really hold down the starting winger spot left behind by Badger. He has been impressive for Japan and proved that he can compete at a high level.

Melchior

Herbert Moran (7)
Saw a tweet saying Yamada was back next year for the Force.

I think he can really hold down the starting winger spot left behind by Badger. He has been impressive for Japan and proved that he can compete at a high level.

Must've been all that game time Foley gave him. Have no idea why he would want to come back to the Force when he has been given zero game time, even with Scott gone.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Western Force have re-signed prop Guy Millar and brought centre Ammon Matuauto into their extended playing squad for the 2016 Super Rugby season.
The Force are still waiting for hooker Heath Tessmann to re-sign while foreign development player, Fijian full-back Semisi Masirewa from ITM club Manawatu, will round off the Super squad.

Second-rower Richard Arnold from the Queensland Country National Rugby Championship squad and the Bond University club will also join the wider training group.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/29951164/force-strengthen-with-double-signing/
Millar is a handy re-signing.

Anyone watch enough of the NRC to give an accurate judgement on how Richie Arnold went for QLD Country this year?

Also, anyone else a little miffed Abel is no longer contracted, considering his barnstorming form for the Vikings in this year's NRC?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Arnold showed potential for sure. Didn't play the whole season and I assume he was injured or had other commitments. I think there's enough raw potential there to throw him a WTG contract or EPS.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Maybe we need to start looking at Rory Arnold to get the complete set? I doubt it would happen and I wouldn't want to see it at the expense of Adam Coleman, but it would be awesome if we could pick them both up. I feel like the Brumbies still owe us for David Pocock.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I'm a bit excited by some of the big boys who'll be running around for us next year. Coleman will hopefully continue to develop and big Steve Mafi I hope will be there with him too after a massive season in 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.