• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
RHP could excel at No 8, if he's fast enough to get around the park. IIRC that was his spot with the U20s.

Yes. He played 8 at the Under 20s.

I think he's dynamic enough to keep playing there at Super Rugby level. His ball running is certainly one of his strengths.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I like RHP at eight but live at the game I've sometimes felt that his mobility isn't what I would expect of a back rower. That could just be perception and not reality in terms of his ability to get around the park.

Swandive

Allen Oxlade (6)
What happened to Richie Arnold. Heard he went over to Perth, but then he completely dropped off the radar. I was hoping he'd turn out like his brother. Anyone in the know?

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Should the force get more home Games to even up travel ?

Look at all other teams and I think the force have travelled more kms in the first 5 rounds then any other team all year.

Force
Perth
Brisbane
Perth
P north
Hamilton
Dunedin
Perth
Perth
Perth
Tokyo
Perth
Melbourne
Bloemfontein
Perth
Canberra

Tahs
Sydney
Canberra
Sydney
Brisbane
Sydney
Sydney
Cape town
Sydney
Sydney
Perth
Christchurch
Sydney
Tokyo
Sydney
Aukland

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Blues is hard to believe. They barley traveled
Aukland
Christchurch
Aukland
Brisbane
Aukland
Hamilton
Aukland
Aukland
Port Elizabeth
J berg
Perth
Aukland
Wellington
Aukland
Aukland

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
The first 5 weeks and the Perth Tokyo Perth are the two periods of scheduling stupidity.

The problem is that for Kiwi and SA teams Perth is used as a stop over from SA. This means when someone is doing this trip the Force get dent back to Perth.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Hopefully with some improved coaching structures we will see more variety in Force's attacking play.

On paper even with all the injuries on paper Force have a strong side but as per above they really lack any variety in their attack.

dru

Tim Horan (67)

Look at all other teams and I think the force have travelled more kms in the first 5 rounds then any other team all year.

Its an international comp, travel will largely be due to where you are located. You kinda know this when you join.

Home games seems to be either 7 or 8. There is an uneven number of rounds so stands to logic. You'd hope the draw swaps that advantage next season. Aukland travel advantage would be because NZ has smaller travel distances internally than Aus (or SA).

There is a lot to "talk" about in this crazy draw, but I'm not seeing anything in this.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Its an international comp, travel will largely be due to where you are located. You kinda know this when you join.

Home games seems to be either 7 or 8. There is an uneven number of rounds so stands to logic. You'd hope the draw swaps that advantage next season. Aukland travel advantage would be because NZ has smaller travel distances internally than Aus (or SA).

There is a lot to "talk" about in this crazy draw, but I'm not seeing anything in this.
It's the way it is but the kiwi teams definately benefit from the format.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
It's the way it is but the kiwi teams definately benefit from the format.

Sure. But mostly Kiwi teams definitely benefit from being the most kick-arse rugby teams in the comp.

Aus teams need to buck up - all of us.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
What happened to Richie Arnold. Heard he went over to Perth, but then he completely dropped off the radar. I was hoping he'd turn out like his brother. Anyone in the know?

Chatting with him at the ground, he has a serious lower back problem which has prevented him playing this year.

BD75

Frank Row (1)
Any inside info on the 2017 Coach selection process/announcement?

I really hope the Force dont go down the route of appointing one of the co-interim coaches for the Reds if they dont get the Reds HC job. I think it would send a poor message, be a very bad look and be a shit start to what could be a new beginning, to appoint the slops from the Reds as the new HC for the Force. You would think they learnt that lesson with Foley - if it looks like a turd and smells like a turd, its probably a turd.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I really hope the Force dont go down the route of appointing one of the co-interim coaches for the Reds if they dont get the Reds HC job. I think it would send a poor message, be a very bad look and be a shit start to what could be a new beginning, to appoint the slops from the Reds as the new HC for the Force. You would think they learnt that lesson with Foley - if it looks like a turd and smells like a turd, its probably a turd.

Good post

It would be very difficult to attract any quality players if that was the case. - probably only attract flies

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
One thing that is important to me is that the new coach continues to recruit from local ranks. We have some competent Super Rugby players coming through.

I was furious to hear the Force tried to recruit Moses Sorovi from QLD, who wasn't amazing when I saw him for the U20s, when we have local prospect Angus Taylor and World 10s Star Michael Ruru.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)

Force
Perth
Brisbane
Perth
P north
Hamilton
Dunedin
Perth
Perth
Perth
Tokyo
Perth
Melbourne
Bloemfontein
Perth
Canberra

Tahs
Sydney
Canberra
Sydney
Brisbane
Sydney
Sydney
Cape town
Sydney
Sydney
Perth
Christchurch
Sydney
Tokyo
Sydney
Aukland

Perth, South Africa, Melbourne, Tokyo, Melbourne? Not even the worst travel schedule in the first 5 rounds. And you are the most isolated capital city in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.