• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
It is being reported over in our local rag (the west) that Angus Cottrell has had a knee reconstruction this week and will likely miss Super Rugby season 2017
Explains perhaps why Sam figg on a training contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
It is being reported over in our local rag (the west) that Angus Cottrell has had a knee reconstruction this week and will likely miss Super Rugby season 2017

Shame, but it is your position of strength.

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
Coleman is exactly what the Force need, their bench has let them down in every close game in 2016. Just that little bit more depth would put them over the line and have them as actual final series contenders.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Coleman was on the radio this morning and said his relationship with Wessels was strong after his time at the Brumbies under Jake White and that helped him decide on the move.

He also said his playing position would be as a 12.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Coleman was on the radio this morning and said his relationship with Wessels was strong after his time at the Brumbies under Jake White and that helped him decide on the move.

He also said his playing position would be as a 12.
So bit of good momentum for force leading into pre season training with spirit winning nrc and new recruit billy meakes showing the real deal.

With recruitment of coleman (particularly as utility player can cover many different backline positions) adds depth to the bench as lack of depth what has hurt force in the past and looking like got better depth for this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N

NTT

If you believe in the future of rugby as a national game please support the petition to save the progress made in rugby in WA by the Force to grow the game in WA. We support the pathways and programs put in place by the ARU as outlined in the ARUs 5 year strategic plan to grow rugby in Australia. We do not support the continuing negative media driven speculation about the future of rugby in Western Australia. We believe rugby is a game for everyone and the opportunities presented by Rugby to all participants, whether in NSW, QLD, ACT, Victoria or WA are afforded to all. We all love our rugby and the communities brought together by rugby. Thank you for your support. Long live Aussie Rugby, a game for everyone.

https://www.change.org/p/bill-pulve...ce-as-a-team-based-in-perth-western-australia

N

NTT

Michael Ruru has been confirmed. Former NPC at Hawkes Bay been playing for Nedlands in the Pindan Premier Grade for 3 seasons, Perth Spirit for the last 2 seasons and won the PG Hampshire award as the best and fairest in Premier Grade this year. Now gets a crack at Super Rugby, thats what the pathways are all about, strengthening Australias talent pool.

Please support our Save the Force petition : https://www.change.org/p/bill-pulve...ce-as-a-team-based-in-perth-western-australia

Over 1600 signatures in 2 days and counting.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Michael Ruru has been confirmed. Former NPC at Hawkes Bay been playing for Nedlands in the Pindan Premier Grade for 3 seasons, Perth Spirit for the last 2 seasons and won the PG Hampshire award as the best and fairest in Premier Grade this year. Now gets a crack at Super Rugby, thats what the pathways are all about, strengthening Australias talent pool.

Please support our Save the Force petition : https://www.change.org/p/bill-pulve...ce-as-a-team-based-in-perth-western-australia

Over 1600 signatures in 2 days and counting.

Yep, this and Dickie Hardwick's elevation are exactly why we need the NRC. Mark my words in years to come we'll be wondering why there was so much commotion about it. Get on board or get out of the way.

If it doesn't work then the game is buggered anyway.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I've also signed the petition and left a little message. In all honesty I think Bill supports the Force still being part of the competition. I don't think it's him we have to convince, just a bunch of other people.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I forwarded petition link to couple of rugby mates who would not frequent this site....suggest others do the same...

Personally with only 5 professional rugby sides against many more professional AFL, league and a-league sides - having less professional oz rugby sides just seems to me to be pressing the self destruct button and not addressing the root cause issues of why we can't even support 5 professional rugby sides in oz as we need more professional pathways in rugby to compete against other football codes in oz- not less.....

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yes I think Bill would be pretty devastated if we had to give up any Super Rugby side as I do credit him as intelligent bloke and more visionary than some of his predecessors.....

Status
Not open for further replies.