• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
think the senior squad number is 38 now. The Reds have 38, then another squad of 5 EPS which is a couple U20 kids and NRC guys.

The Reds choose to hand out more development squad contracts than any other Australian team. There is no limit to the number of DS contracts that can be handed out, but there are limitatons around the expectations placed on hours at the Club as the pay level does not meet the minimum threshold under the CBA. The Force & Rebels have 4 EPS entitlements, the other franchises have 2

N

NTT

I think the Force are going with a squad of 35 (full and eps contracts), 5 in the wider training group which are ARU funded and either 8 or 10 Future Force contracts which are sponsor/privately funded.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
The Rebels have 38 aswell which does not include their 'extended squad' players. So I'm assuming that full squad members is allowed up to 38 which has so far been used by the Reds and Rebels, then you can have whatever else you want on top of that but as RebelYell said, with limited expectations.

Force may not have the money and/or the requirement to have 38 plus extras, when they can just have 34 (as it is on now from wiki) plus extras.

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
2017 Western Force Squad:

FORWARDS: Jermaine Ainsley, Richard Arnold, Adam Coleman, Angus Cottrell, Pek Cowan, Ben Daley, Tetera Faulkner, Richard Hardwick, Ross Haylett-Petty, Matt Hodgson, Kane Koteka, Ben Matwijow, Ben McCalman, Isi Naisarani, Matt Philip, Tatafu Polota-Nau, Anaru Rangi, Harry Scoble, Brynard Stander, Heath Tessmann, Francios van Wyk, Shambeckler Vui

BACKS: Marcel Brache, Luke Burton, Robbie Coleman, Peter Grant, Dane Haylett-Petty, Jono Lance, Ryan Louwrens, Semisi Masirewa, Bill Meakes, Luke Morahan, Chance Peni, Ian Prior, Curtis Rona, Michael Ruru

More details at https://www.westernforce.com.au/article/western-force-confirm-2017-super-rugby-squad

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Plenty of star power coming out to push the "Own The Force" initiative. From past players such as Giteau, Staniforth, Cam Shepherd, JOC (James O'Connor) (remember that guy) and also local sporting legends not affiliated with Rugby, such as Justin Langer, Dennis Lillee and Tom Moody.

From Twitter it seems like most of the current squad will be buying shares as well. I'm quite positive that this is actually going to happen.

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
So avoiding marking here is the squad in positions and the potential side

Hookers
Tatafu Polota-Nau
Anaru Rangi
Harry Scoble
Heath Tessmann

Props
Jermain Ainsley
Pek Cowan
Ben Daley
Tetera Faulkner
Francios van Wyk
Shambeckler Vui

Second Row
Richard Arnold
Adam Coleman
Ross Haylett-Petty
Ben Matwijow
Matt Philip

Back Row
Angus Cottrell
Matt Hodgson
Richard Hardwick
Kane Koteka
Ben McCalman
Isi Naisarani

Brynard Stander

Half Backs
Ryan Louwrens
Ian Prior
Michael Ruru

Fly Half
Peter Grant
Jono Lance

Centers
Luke Burton
Robbie Colman
Bill Meaks
Chance Peni

Wings
Marcel Brache
Semisi Masirewa
Curtis Rona

Full Backs
Dane Haylett-Petty
Luke Morahan

Possible Best 23 for the start of the season

1 Pek Cowan
2 TPN
3 Tetra Fulkner
4 Adam Coleman
5 RHP
6 Angus Cottrell/Brynard Stander
7 Matt Hodgson/Richard Hardwick
8 Ben McCalman
9 Ryan Lauwrens
10 Jono Lance
11 Marcel Brache
12 Luke Burton/Robbie Coleman
13 Bill Meaks
14 Luke Morahan
15 DHP

16 Who knows but I am picking Scoble
17 Ben Dayley
18 Jerome Ainsley
19 ??
20 one of Hodgson/Hardwick/Stander/Cottrell
21 Ian Prior (covers 10 too)
22 Burton/Coleman
23 Curtin Rona

I cheated in a couple of positions and I could quite easily see Brache being benched or just being a squad player - particularly if he gets capped by the USA as there is no way he can stay on into the future as a foreign marquee.

If the Force are not in finals contention come mid season I think some of the older players (Cowan, Hodgson, McCalman) may find their way to the bench to allow the younger brigade to get more game time.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Won't be surprised to see naisarani make the 23, had a cracking NRC and looks read to step up.

All up it looks like the force might finally delivery on the promise of playing a more open and expansive game with this squad, naisarani will fit in well with that.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Won't be surprised to see naisarani make the 23, had a cracking NRC and looks read to step up.

All up it looks like the force might finally delivery on the promise of playing a more open and expansive game with this squad, naisarani will fit in well with that.

Considering Cottrell is injured for a while I believe, and that Hardwick is more of a 6/7 than an 8, I'd be surprised not to see him in the 23.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
What Is that.........

Screenshot_20161121-175726.png

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
It seems rather thrusting.

Designed by Pitcairn Architecture firm Gunston, Pillock and Gunston, also responsible for 333 George Street in Sydney and the Melbourne Metro, and joint-venture architects on Southern Cross Station, Aspire Tower will house 700 residential apartments, a 150-room hotel, bars, restaurants and retail, as well as a viewing deck on the top two floors at 300m.

73e95956770b4b4e80482a67e1c82893.png

Reactions: mst

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ Are you sure that it hasn't been designed by Gunston, Pillock and Gunston from the Pitcairns?

Status
Not open for further replies.