• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Hi guys - we are still looking for a few people to write on Western Force previews and match reviews and especially Sandgropers, because we have only one WA writer at the moment.

Just one week - writing the preview and match report for the same week - is all we ask.

But you don't have to be a local to help out - we have many out-of-state people who have already volunteered.

Thanks everybody; just send me a convo - or just mention it here - and I will give you the details.

I can spare a week if necessary. Not a sandgroper but I sometimes drink Little Creatures if that helps.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Had a day to articulate my thoughts on the Tens. Had a great time despite the heat, but was pretty disappointed yet surprised with a Quarter Final finish. (Last Aussie team left in the tourny based on time of last game)

We led every game, yet only won 1 which was massively disappointing. Really should have shut up shop in the quarter final. Ultimately, it was a good preseason hit out. Very excited to see Rona and Peni play Super Rugby, they were great over the weekend. Also great to see Richie Arnold on the field for a change.

Bring on the Tahs!

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I expected a lot of Rona, he's a money man who was on the way up in league, but wasn't 'there' yet. Good to see he can deliver in line with his salary.

Newsome was also industrious and impressive. He was a good signing and probably deserves more hype than he's got.

Peni I expected less of, so I was impressed. He'd barely cracked professional league, yet he was big, explosive, and always dangerous. There's plenty of potential there.

Sadly, with Masirewa looking solid, Brache being a much loved utility, and Morahan being a Wallaby, I don't think you see much of Peni and Newsome in 2017.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
^^^^^^^^
Newsome has always been a Steady-Eddie kind of a player since he was at school. Every team needs them though not too many.

That seems like slight praise but when you look back at what he did in a game you realise how valuable he was to the team and individual team mates.

I had the same opinion of Dane Haylett-Petty before he went to Biarritz - and look at him now.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I expected a lot of Rona, he's a money man who was on the way up in league, but wasn't 'there' yet. Good to see he can deliver in line with his salary.

Newsome was also industrious and impressive. He was a good signing and probably deserves more hype than he's got.

Peni I expected less of, so I was impressed. He'd barely cracked professional league, yet he was big, explosive, and always dangerous. There's plenty of potential there.

Sadly, with Masirewa looking solid, Brache being a much loved utility, and Morahan being a Wallaby, I don't think you see much of Peni and Newsome in 2017.

I think Peni's showed a lot more than Masirewa thus far, and all Brache has showed in his years at Super level is that he's not up to it.

I'm seriously perplexed as to how the guy has a contract.

M

Moono75

Western Force Fan Day Staturday 18 February. First opportunity to get down and meet the forthcoming 2017 Super Rugby Champions :D

Road Safety Western Force Fan Day is on this Saturday at Rugby HQ, 203 Underwood Ave Floreat.

Key InformationForce Fan Day
Saturday 18 February 2017
8am – 11am
RugbyWA HQ, 203 Underwood Ave Floreat

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Alright people, Super Rugby is back this week and we play the Tahs on Saturday. Predictions?

My lineup would be:
1. Cowan
2. TPN
3. Faulkner
4. Phillip
5. Coleman
6. Stander
7. Hodgson (Haylett-Petty if he isnt fit to play)
8. Naisarani
9. Louwrens
10. Lance
11. Peni
12. Meakes
13. Rona
14. Morahan
15. Haylett-Petty

16. Tessman
17. Daley
18. Vui
19. R. Haylett-Petty (Koteka if Ross starts)
20. Grant
21. Coleman
22. Brache
23. Masirewa

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
Is Hardwick injured - hadn't heard anything about that?? Wasn't the Big Dog going to be ready for round 1 as well? I'd be going for:

1. Cowan
2. TPN
3. Faulkner
4. RHP
5. Coleman
6. McCalman
7. Koteka / Hardwick
8. Naisarani
9. Louwrens
10. Lance
11. Peni
12. Meakes
13. Rona
14. Morahan
15. DHP

16. Scoble
17. Daley
18. Vui
19. Philip
20. Hardwick / Koteka
21. Coleman
22. Burton (surely he's good to go by now)
23. Newsome

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Hardwick was injured while he was in Brisbane with the 10s which is why he didnt play. McCalman was in a cast when i saw him that weekend so i feel like he isnt gonna be ready.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
If no mccalman, Hardwick and Hodgson under a cloud..

4. Phillips 5.Coleman
6. RHP 8. Stander 7. Koteka

19. Arnold 20. Naisarani

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Given the type of pack the Tahs will play (fewer jumpers, more workrate forwards), I'd go:

4. RHP
5. Coleman
6. Hardwick
7. Koteka
8. Naisarani

19. Arnold
20. Stander

Assuming players don't recover from injury. Given our next game is a Thursday- maybe better not to rush anyone.

Think we can all agree on the backline. Need Prior or Grant as a replacement 10 and Masirewa can cover several positions.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
DHP answered the question of who would be the first locally produced, Force developed Wallaby. I wonder who will be the first Force captain.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I really rate Hardwick. To me that guy oozes potential. If he can be brought through over the next 18 months to 2 years I reckon he has the ingredients for a long Super Rugby career (captaincy material?) and potentially a run in gold

I think this all COULD happen, but it's pretty unlikely. There's a lot of 7s in Australia and the bloke falls a little into the 'notter' category anyway where he doesn't quite fit 7, 6, or 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.