1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2019

Discussion in 'Rugby Discussion' started by RugbyReg, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Sully John Eales (66)

In both cases y
    ou deserved more from the ARU.
    Rugbynutter39, RebelYell and kiap like this.
  2. SteveWA Herbert Moran (7)

I can live with it if we get a better outcome going forward. It was always a tough ask given the delays in getting approval. But I'm glad they tried, and glad they delayed when it became necessary.
  3. brokendown Cyril Towers (30)

4. WorkingClassRugger Steve Williams (59)

I just would have preferred to have had them come out and make this announcement a little earlier in the piece.
  5. brokendown Cyril Towers (30)

maybe they were negotiating up until now
  6. WorkingClassRugger Steve Williams (59)

They would have had a reasonable idea of how things were tracking 4 weeks ago. They were probably hoping for things to work out but the timeline was probably very tight a fortnight back. They would have been better served to have made this announcement early in the month and then get on the front foot on the plans for next season.
  7. Slim 293 George Gregan (70)

And it sounds like not all parties were given notice about the postponement...
  8. southsider Arch Winning (36)

Should have always been a 2020 start, made no sense starting it in a World Cup year
  9. The_Brown_Hornet Nick Farr-Jones (63)

I can live with it if it means that we end up with a better result moving forward. That's so long as we get some footy actually played this year.
    ForceFan, Sully, kiap and 1 other person like this.
  10. ForceFan Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Rugbynutter39, RebelYell and dru like this.
  11. RugbyReg Rocky Elsom (76)

I'm hearing rumours of perhaps the Force having their first Australian representative in a senior mens team very soon.
    Rugbynutter39 likes this.
  12. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

Heath Tessman getting a go with the Classic Wallabies? ;)

Presumably one of their players is joining the 7s squad?
    RugbyReg likes this.
  13. RebelYell Cyril Towers (30)

Gee, you rocketed to that conclusion.
    Braveheart81 and RugbyReg like this.
  14. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

Rod Davies would not have been the player I'd be recruiting for the 7s team. Seems bizarre. Is he still really fast enough to be an asset in 7s?
  15. Brumby Runner John Eales (66)

I would think the Force No 7 would be a good pickup for the Aussie 7s.
  16. RugbyReg Rocky Elsom (76)

who is the Force #7? Stander?
  17. Brumby Runner John Eales (66)

No. Stander played 8 most of last year and could also be a candidate for 7's if eligible.

Tevin Ferris is the No 7. But according to the WF website, Rod Davies has been invited to train with the national 7s side.
  18. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

Ferris would probably need to slim down a bit (as does pretty much anyone coming from XVs). Our squad lacks speed and playmaking though.

If Davies is genuinely quick in 7s still then he'll be a good addition. It's probably our biggest problem.
  19. RugbyReg Rocky Elsom (76)

yeah, and they are aware of it. Davies shocked me with his speed in the NRC. I couldn't believe he still has it. They are wrapped with his strength in contact too, but I'd be worried about his defense and decision making (passing).

They are looking at another speedster who would be brilliant, but he's super rugby contracted and there is a couple more hurdles before he can play. Would be amazing though I reckon.
  20. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

I look forward to finding out which Reds player you are referring to.
    RugbyReg likes this.