• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2021

Jimmyjam

Darby Loudon (17)
Miotti has to start.... streets ahead of Lance and McIntyre. Also kicks goals at 80%+

Both those blokes will be vying for a bench spot if WF are serious about winning matches this year.

As much as I support local players getting the nod in a close call, this is not even close......

Jimmyjam

Darby Loudon (17)
Having looked at the trial game against the Brumbies, any thoughts on 23 to face Brumbies on 19th Feb?

Here's my go;

1. Robertson
2. Kaitu'u
3. Medrano
4. Thrush (if fit)
5. Lee-Warner
6. Lezana
7. Koteka
8. Stander
9. Cubelli
10. Miotti
11. Pulu
12. Godwin
13. Kuridrani
14. Ralston
15. Kearney

16. Winchester (if Ready not available)
17. Wagner
18. Holmes
19. Anstee
20. Pugh
21. Prior
22. McIntyre
23. Kahui

Alex Ross (28)
How are they exempt? The Force are looking good and that is where I’d be putting my money.
Betting agencies aren’t rating them. But I think that’s a huge mistake. They are capable of making the finals and competing strongly with the Brumbies and Reds. They should expect to be ahead of Rebels and Tahs

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Are the Force salary capped? Seems like a lot of money being thrown around in the squad?
Personally don’t see where the money is been spent any more than other teams. The Reds would have 3/4 players on higher wedge than any single player in this squad. Vunivalu, Tupou, JOC (James O'Connor) at a minimum and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Petaia perhaps. Kaituu, Ralston, Stander, Koteka, FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner) and not many on the listed bench would be on much.

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
From WF FaceBook site:

Jonah Placid has signed on for another season with the Force.

Pleased to see that Jonah has recovered from the knee recon (injured in 2019 NRC).
I assume as part of WTG.

not really sure I get this signing. We already have Kearney, McGregor and Strachan.

Would prefer to see another second row/back row signed.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Personally don’t see where the money is been spent any more than other teams. The Reds would have 3/4 players on higher wedge than any single player in this squad. Vunivalu, Tupou, JOC (James O'Connor) at a minimum and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Petaia perhaps. Kaituu, Ralston, Stander, Koteka, FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner) and not many on the listed bench would be on much.

In SRAu the WF is operating under the same salary cap rules as the other franchises.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
151242844_10159525130448714_7694435762569091600_o.jpg

2020 home and way kit.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
The Force have done well to fill all their jersey sponsorships this year. I know Harvey Beef is owned by Twiggy but its a good look having the full deck on the jersey. Like the Goodyear down the side as well - that might look good when the pigs are packing scrums - very smart.