• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2021

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Hopefully the Force are in the hunt for one of the big name locks overseas - probably not though for 2021.

Unfortunately none of the Argentinian 2nd rowers are available.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Force could use another dynamic wing to complement TK at 13.

- Tomane is off contract I believe.
- CFS getting squeezed at the Reds with Paisami, Petaia, Daugunu and Vunivalu.
- Even bring Chance Peni home.

Shame Ainsley went to NZ, could have really used him with our serviceable but...aging props. Perhaps this is where some Argentinians will get a chance.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
It's good the Force are signing some quality players.

However I am not sure if signing a plethora of backs and a backrower is the answer.

As said above I think they need at least one more quality Lock and probably 2 tight heads. There isn't a lot quality there if Longbottom or Holmes go down and that's if they even play on.

Also if the Rebels have taught us anything high turnover is not the answer...even though the players coming in are more talented.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'm not a McIntyre fan, but happy to give him the benefit of the doubt. K-Train is a fantastic signing. He clearly isn't at his best and a change of scenery while staying in Australia may be the answer. There was a time he was one of our best, most reliable backs.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I'm not a McIntyre fan, but happy to give him the benefit of the doubt. K-Train is a fantastic signing. He clearly isn't at his best and a change of scenery while staying in Australia may be the answer. There was a time he was one of our best, most reliable backs.

Yeah, Jake was interesting but I suspect that the Reds coaching team at the time wasn’t really renowned for building 10s. I’d hope with more experience he will have settled into the play maker role with more comfort. Give him a go I reckon.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Wow some very good signings.

Jake McIntyre was given a bit of a raw deal at the Reds, thrown in early and had a lot of expectation on him, he will be a much better player now after developing his game control in France.

Reactions: dru

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
Very keen for Lance to stay and I imagine he most likely will.
Wasn't very impressed with Frisby however as his service was pretty slow and defense poor at times. Would much rather Abel and Cubelli, Fines or Louwrens if we can get one of them.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The article stated more Argentinean players were expected to sign too. Although won't be any big names since they're all gone already.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
What is Zack Homles doing these days, I really rated him at the Brumbies and I've heard his going well overseas

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Santiago Medrano is another Argentine linked with the Force now. 24yrs old, plays prop and capped 19 times by Argentina.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
K-Train not a bad pick up as form dipped but good defender and at his best is a weapon and maybe change of scene might bring the best out of him.

Means probably ok on centres with Jooste and Taefu also in there, with Braeche.

Probably need another quality winger or two. Tomane sort of signing the standard looking to.

Even with McIntrye would be trying to sign a Paisota from Brumbies. Probably also need another quality halfback as Prior getting on, frisby unconvincing and next level down bit raw. Cuebelli would be good target though don't want too many overseas players.

Definitely need some locks....Rodda, Skelton perhaps options that maybe available.

On Props yeh still need some more younger quality props, so Argentine player mentioned would be good pickup but I would go after smith brothers from Reds as with those players and with Robertson would probably round out nicely.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Looking at who is off contract in Australia. I've tried to ignore guys who are like..19 and 20 year old developing juniors likely to stay and guys with rumours.

Hooker: Abel, Tuala
Prop: JP Smith, Ruan Smith, Vui
Lock: RHP
Backrow: Dempsey, Mccaffrey, Hardwick, Wilkins, Cottrell, Wells
Half: Malolua, Sorovi, Powell, Fines, Louwrens
Flyhalf: Gordon, Deegan
Centre: Hunt, Meakes, Magnay, English
Wing: CFS, Clarke, Pulu, Kellaway
Fullback: Jack Hardy

Unfortunately with locks, we will likely not see any big names in 2021 Super Rugby, maybe 1 or 2 if they come back immediately after their season and catch the back end of ours.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Looking at who is off contract in Australia. I've tried to ignore guys who are like..19 and 20 year old developing juniors likely to stay and guys with rumours.

Hooker: Abel, Tuala
Prop: JP Smith, Ruan Smith, Vui
Lock: RHP
Backrow: Dempsey, Mccaffrey, Hardwick, Wilkins, Cottrell, Wells
Half: Malolua, Sorovi, Powell, Fines, Louwrens
Flyhalf: Gordon, Deegan
Centre: Hunt, Meakes, Magnay, English
Wing: CFS, Clarke, Pulu, Kellaway
Fullback: Jack Hardy

Unfortunately with locks, we will likely not see any big names in 2021 Super Rugby, maybe 1 or 2 if they come back immediately after their season and catch the back end of ours.

I thought a few like Kellaway were signed up in Japan.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
O
I thought a few like Kellaway were signed up in Japan.
Yep signed overseas.

RHP, Wilkin and Magnay likely to stay at Rebels, don’t have any mail on other guys there. It’s all a holding pattern until 30 Sept when the pay deal expires.

Raytah

Allen Oxlade (6)
Santiago Medrano is another Argentine linked with the Force now. 24yrs old, plays prop and capped 19 times by Argentina.

That would be an astute signing. International quality THP at the right age to kick on. Where'd you see that mail?

I want Kremer!

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
That would be an astute signing. International quality THP at the right age to kick on. Where'd you see that mail?

I want Kremer!
Paul Tait, South American based rugby journalist.

Kremer etc. Most of the big names are already gone to European clubs.