• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force v Lions - Rnd 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

We gotta keep fighting. We deserve to be in the competition. Sandgroper pride!

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Judging by the last 2 weekends and even earlier in the comp the Force look like one of the better Aussie teams.

They must just convert pressure into 1 or 2 tries. Had they scored at least one try and lead the game today they would probably have won as the Lions would have been chasing the game under immense pressure scoreboard wise and defensively.

Gotta give it to the Lions for chasing the BP try and coming away with it at the end. Kwagga Smith 80Kg for a forward is quite light.

B

BLR

Problem is, when you get starved year after year by the ERU it takes its toll. 30 mill or so the Rebels have been gifted and to get smashed by the Kings and apparently we are gonna get cut. Disgraceful.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Problem is, when you get starved year after year by the ERU it takes its toll. 30 mill or so the Rebels have been gifted and to get smashed by the Kings and apparently we are gonna get cut. Disgraceful.
Well we are losing 2 teams so quit whining and live with it.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
I know this is the wrong thread but do you think they will go gracefully or will there be a legal fight?
They may try the legal route first and foremost, but I also think they may be embracing an increasingly more likely merger with the North.

Melchior

Herbert Moran (7)
Just think the force have run out of cattle now...starting to look like a repeat of the last couple of seasons with low scoring losses. hope they can get some of their first team back of deck for the tahs and rebels at least to sign off at home on a good note.

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
How come the crowd was about half of the week before a game?
We always get the biggest crowds vs Kiwi teams. More SA fans committed to the Force I think while many kiwi fans still hold onto Kiwi teams. Also if only going took to one game it will be the kiwi game.

The start time also makes a difference. Last week we had a 540 kick off so for families with kids you can be back home by 8:30 where this week we had an 8 pm kick off. It was almost 10 when we got to the car. I had one kid asleep and two struggling. We did contemplate not taking the 3yo nut that means the wife won't be there either. I think there were a few chasing this option as there were quite a few less kids around us

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dru
B

BLR

How come the crowd was about half of the week before a game?
Three reasons I would say.

1. The game was at 8pm, far too late for children.
2. The Western Derby was on at the same time, crazy scheduling.
3. Now this is just a hunch but I would say there is a load of supporter fatigue after the emotion of the week before. How much do we have to fight?

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
Thanks guys.
The atmosphere was great at the Chiefs game when I was there, was a little saddened to see a smaller crowd on the TV for this game.
All valid points.
I'll have to figure out when my next venture West will be :)

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Three reasons I would say.

1. The game was at 8pm, far too late for children.
2. The Western Derby was on at the same time, crazy scheduling.
3. Now this is just a hunch but I would say there is a load of supporter fatigue after the emotion of the week before. How much do we have to fight?
The Derby would have been a huge contributor 40k at the stadium up the road. Was at a local bar before the game and it was packed with ppl watch the Derby.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
Well we are losing 2 teams so quit whining and live with it.

fair enough,but by axing the Force,all the Super teams in Aus will be located in a coastal strip(with a wee detour inland)on the eastern side of the continent-the rest of the country will be left a rugby wilderness,would you tolerate that in SA?

Reactions: dru

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
fair enough,but by axing the Force,all the Super teams in Aus will be located in a coastal strip(with a wee detour inland)on the eastern side of the continent-the rest of the country will be left a rugby wilderness,would you tolerate that in SA?
Also fair enough. We don't know for sure the Force will be cut though. It might yet be the Rebels.

dru

Tim Horan (67)

This is a fundamental miss by ARU. Adjusting the number of teams to make Soup successful is an easy call. Doing it and maintaining a national footprint too keep the loyalty of the fans from defecting to other sports - that's is somewhat harder and a basic ARU fail.

If those two can't be managed together then Soup no longer suits Australia.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
How do you assess national footprint. 80% of the population are in the eastern states. Remove a team from any one of those other than the ACT and you would be reducing the % coverage further. If you moved the Waratahs (who are surrounded by the greatest number of other franchises) to Adelaide or Darwin are you reducing the national footprint or increasing it? I don't think it is possible to not reduce the national footprint by removing a team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Stoff, our problem is different to RSA or NZ. In Aus it isn't cutting a team it's removing a district/RU from rugby.

There are a couple of models posted through the "where to" thread. None really work for NZ, but what we have in Soup doesn't work for us.

Btw I'm not getting involved in discussions that seem to want to target one franchise over another.

Status
Not open for further replies.