• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force V Reds 5th July

Status
Not open for further replies.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
This should be an interesting game.
One team, you'd have to think the favourite, suddenly lacking confidence after coping a shilacking last weekend against the Blues, playing the other, scoring six tries and suddenly rediscovering their mojo without their international halves.
There have been many games at this time of the season where the spoiler has taken down a prospective finals contender.
The Force will be desperate.....maybe too desperate for a win?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
good post emuarse

I think the Reds will actually belt them this week. The first 20 will be torrid then the game will open up.

Tipping Horwill to continue last weeks form. He seems to have his mojo back.

Reds by 15

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
They have certainly had the wood on us for a couple of years. Time to step up bigtime but agree with your sentiments TWAS

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yep, we need to right some wrongs with this lot.

Being a supporter of a team not doing real well finally has a perk. I can barrack for my team and celebrate a win should it come, but if we lose I can cheer that too because its good for the Aussie Conference! :D

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Force injury list doesn't inspire confidence. They're a week back into it after a break so they'll be better for it.

The Reds won't have it as easy as they did with the Rabble. But they'll still win and scupper the Force's finals chances.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Sorry Force fans, but you've had your time in Sun! Time to come back down to earth again with a thud..

Reds by 10

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Force definitely favourites for this. Reds only just avoiding the spoon. Force in contention for the finals.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
some bold calls coming here from Reds fans.

You could make a backline from the players we are missing that would run all over our current one:

15 Toua
14 Shipperley
13 CFS
12 Fainga'a
11 Ed Quirk (meh, he'd only have to tackle)
10 Cooper
9 Genia

The last time we went to Perth with such a makeshift outfit (remember the names Joel Ropana and Nathan Eyres-Brown?) the Force put 45 on us.

We've only won onces in 6 years in Perth, and that was a lucky last minute win by our Championship winning team in 2011.

The Force have injured players flocking back to their starting lineup.

Force absolute and deserved Favorites

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Despite their rather abysmal outing against the Blues, I think the Force will be a lot harder to topple than the Rebels were last week. But, if Horwill, Slipper, Simmons and Co step up again like last week, and the halves don't fall in a hole, Reds should win.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I think the Force will compete a lot better this week. MMM clearly needed a run and Reds depth is going to be tested with Gill off to the 7's as well as the injuries in the backline.

Beau Robinson needs to have a great match for the Reds to win in Perth.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
forgot about Gill not playing. Wonder if young Michael Gunn might get a run off the bench? Not many other backrow options really? Tim Buchannan perhaps?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
forgot about Gill not playing. Wonder if young Michael Gunn might get a run off the bench? Not many other backrow options really? Tim Buchannan perhaps?
I'm available Reg. Primarily a second rower but there was this one time I played 8 and scored a sublime try off the back of a scrum so I guess you could call me a backrow option. Sure, I don't tackle well, and my pace is down on my younger average pace but what I lack in heart I more than make up for in elevated body fat percentage!

M

Moono75

Yes Reds and Dick Graham....welcome back to Perth. The only thing he knows about this side of the country is how to lose rugby games. Trend to continue on Saturday.

Sorry my mistake.....I didn't give Dick his due respect....he and the Reds know how to lose nationwide!

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Don't give a shit about a ruby! As long as they win the rugby game, I'll be happy!

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yes Reds and Dick Graham..welcome back to Perth. The only thing he knows about this side of the country is how to lose rugby games. Trend to continue on Saturday.

Sorry my mistake...I didn't give Dick his due respect..he and the Reds know how to lose nationwide!

There was a part of me that didn't want the Reds to play the spoiler. That part of me is dead now.

Reds to hand the Force their second rugby lesson in a fortnight and finish the season above them on the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
Hopefully the force should have Morahan and Cummins back this week, which will provide some much needed attacking power out wide. The team I'd like to see start is (maybe too many changes, but it was a really shocking performance last week)

1. Cowan
2. Charles
3. Longbottom
4. Steenkamp
5. MMM
6. Stander
7. Hodgo
8. McCalman
9. Alby
10. Holmes
11. Cummins
12. Burton
13. DHP
14. Morahan
15. Hayward

16. Tessmann
17. Faulkner
18. Hoskins
19. Wykes
20. Alcock
21. Prior
22. CTM
23. Rasolea / Brache

Tempting to drop Hayward to the bench becasue he has been a bit lacklustre of late and DHP or Morahan could play fullback with Junior, Brache or CTM playing 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.