• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force vs NSW Waratahs, 2011R08

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Very encouraging from the Tahs.

Looked like our team back in round 1 & 2. And this time without Waugh, Berrick and Horne!

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Really impressed with the improvement in Gilbert's passing game tonight. He showed that he's developed a longer pass; less chip kicks too.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
As a Tahs fan I think he's our best 10. Obviously there's his Wallaby spot to consider.. Our backs are too diverse! It's not fair

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Did anyone notice that Beibs was wearing his school shoes to play in? Also, watch Mitchell's 2nd try, Tom Carter gets kicked in the face by Cam Shepeard.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Dreadful performance from the Force tonight, but a very professional one from the Tahs. We got absolutely outgunned at the breakdown and the Tahs counter rucked very well all night. KB (Kurtley Beale) was very assured at 10 and controlled the game well. The Tahs pack were solid across the board and not only secured their own ball, but plenty of ours too. They didn't allow an inch in contact. JOC (James O'Connor) has to play much closer to the ruck. Fullback is not his position, as it doesn't allow him to take the ball to the line nearly as much and beat guys in traffic. For him to be more influential, he needs to play 10 or 12.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
"I could have let Tommy Carter catch that ball, he said he would have made it, but I have seen him at speed training, he wouldn't have made it" - Drew Mitchell

Carter is 'deceptively fast' as in 'too slow to tackle'. The defenders would have speared off into touch leaving him a clear walk to the line.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Are we seeing the demise of Le Fuse? To my eye the Tahs' scrum mullered the Force while Fat Cat, TPN and Kepu were on duty but Kepu, Ulugia and Baxter looked decidedly dodgy. It may've been Kepu was buggered, a big ask for a prop to play 50 minutes at THP and back up with another 30 at LHP, so let's cut him a bit of slack. At the same time I didn't note the Force front row replacements, were their best front row proponents the run on three?

M

Moono75

Not much to say about this game. Terrible performance from the Force. Another season shot. Good to see Brown come out and voice his dissatisfaction in the media, the team needs a shake up. All we need now is an announcement that JOC (James O'Connor) is leaving to sign with the Rebels.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Not much to say about this game. Terrible performance from the Force. Another season shot. Good to see Brown come out and voice his dissatisfaction in the media, the team needs a shake up. All we need now is an announcement that JOC (James O'Connor) is leaving to sign with the Rebels.

Well, I wouldn't say I'd mind hearing that

D

danielok

> All we need now is an announcement that JOC (James O'Connor) is leaving to sign with the Rebels

That would pretty much be the death knell for the Force. They need to hold on to Pocock and O'Connor if they have any chance of attracting good players in the next 2 seasons.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The Force replaced Fairbrother with Longbottom at about 35 minutes and immediately the Tahs wheeled their scrum.

I think the Force may have a prop issue next year with the departure of Fairbrother. I'd Dunning goes too they will be praying that PAE is ready next year.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

The Force weren't given much of an opportunity to do anything. The Tahs execution was average and they failed to take their opportunities BUT kept to their structure and spent 13:33 minutes in the Force's 22 opposed to the force's 0:32 seconds

The big question is whether they can keep that structure under more pressure.

D

danielok

Shep looks more dangerous on the wing. Do we have someone else that can play full back so JOC (James O'Connor) can go 12 with Shep still 11

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Anyone else think Tom Carter's face kick from Shep could go into a nice little monkey magic remix?

Can't say how much I appreciate having TTrugbyvids on youtube with no foxtel to see the games properly, what a champ.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Well, that was painfull.

JOC (James O'Connor) can't be left to defend at 15, he was shown up a couple of times at wing for the wallabies trying to defend someone who isn't coming straight through a channel or broken play, but 3 times last night failed to even effect any sort of a tackle against a player with some room. All the more reason to get him into 12 quickly and Fairbanks into leftrightout.

Status
Not open for further replies.