• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force vs Reds, 2011R17

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
JO'C cited.

Seems funny little jo'c hurting big kev.

NEWS RELEASE

JAMES O'CONNOR AND BUTCH JAMES FACE SANZAR JUDICIAL HEARINGS

Western Force fullback James O'Connor and Lions flyhalf Butch James are to face SANZAR Judicial Hearings after being cited for alleged foul play during their respective Super Rugby matches at the weekend.

O'Connor will appear before SANZAR Judicial Officer, Michael Cashman, in Perth at 10h00 (12h00 EST/14h00 NZ/04h00 SA) today. He was cited under Foul Play Law 10.4 (j) for a dangerous tip tackle on Reds captain James Horwill during their match in Perth on Saturday.

Butch James has been cited under Law 10.4 (e) for a dangerous tackle on Sharks flank Keegan Daniel during a Super Rugby match in Johannesburg on Saturday. James received a yellow card for the offence.

He will appear at a hearing in Johannesburg at 12h00 (20h00 EST/22h00 NZ) on Monday 13 June, 2011. The hearing will be chaired by SANZAR Judicial Officer Rob Stelzner.

Ends

Issued by SANZAR

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

G

GC

So we have two world class locks? Wow we should be winning everything.

Just the World Cup will do.

We are ranked no.2 in the world. It's no surprise that we have a number of world-class players. Not as many as the ABs granted, but probably more than any other nation - exactly as the rankings would suggest.

*ducks from Saffer flaming*

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So, how bad is Sharpe's injury?

From the replay I saw on Fox Sports it looked like Brown was responsible for not bringing him back down safely...

Wasn't it also Brown that Vickerman once physically picked up and put into position in a lineout?

Maybe Brown should just stay out of lineouts?

It was Scott Fava wasn't it?

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
[video=youtube;QrSEw7Bk4hc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrSEw7Bk4hc&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

C

chief

Although I usually describe Horwill as class, the word "World" doesn't quite fit there yet.

I generally look at Qwerty's posts with scorn, but he has a point. Horwill is not world class. Sharpe is.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
It all depends on your particular interpretation of world class. I'm sure Horwill being a Red deducts 5 points for some people.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
It all depends on your particular interpretation of world class. I'm sure Horwill being a Red deducts 5 points for some people.

And for some, being an Australian. And for others, being from the southern hemisphere. And I'm sure there are people who just don't like the look of him.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Why because he wears red? That's ridiculous. I would hope as Aussies we all just look at the player. He played ok last night. Had done good runs and was good inthe line out. No doubt about sharpe and horwill wearing gold this year.

Go the force!!!!

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Well who else is in the top locks in the world..... Matfield isn't really anymore, Paul O'Connell (Ire) has been injured for ages, Brad Thorn isn't that good.

Based on current world second rowers I'd consider both of them in a World 15.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I think Sharpe, Bekker and Thorn are all before him. I don't know much about NH locks though.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Most of you guys mustn't watch a lot of rugby.

List before Horwill: Andries Bekker, Sam Whitelock, Brad Thorn, Tom Palmer, Nathan Sharpe, Victor Matfield, Bradley Davies, Richie Gray

Not world-class.

Status
Not open for further replies.