• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force vs Reds, 2011R17

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Completely missed that tackle last night. Possibly lucky to only get one week, looked a bit nasty.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Most of you guys mustn't watch a lot of rugby.

List before Horwill: Andries Bekker, Sam Whitelock, Brad Thorn, Tom Palmer, Nathan Sharpe, Victor Matfield, Bradley Davies, Richie Gray

Not world-class.

Courtney Lawes too.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Completely missed that tackle last night. Possibly lucky to only get one week, looked a bit nasty.

agree, I wonder if the roles were reversed (ie a big guy tackling a small guy) if the suspension would have been worse. Very lucky I reckon.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I wonder if JOC (James O'Connor) has done some martial arts. He has an uncanny ability to role bigger players over his hip. He did the same to Matfield 2 years ago.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Jesus some of you Reds fans are ridiculous.

World-class means would not look out of place in a World XV. Moore/TPN, yes. Pocock, yes. Beale/Cooper/JOC (James O'Connor), yes. Genia, yes.

Horwill, no. You'd all get laughed at by the other nations if you want to suggest Horwill is world-class.
He wouldn't look out of place in a World XV but there are definitely others ahead of him.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Have to watch the game properly but I think the Reds were very lucky from what I could see through beer goggles. Pleasing thing for me is the self belief that sees them win games they shouldn't.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
He wouldn't look out of place in a World XV but there are definitely others ahead of him.

He needs to prove himself in the 3N first. With his injuries, he hasnt really made an impact on the international scene yet. He needs to do that before we start calling him world class - if we did it of super rugby form Mark Chisholm would have been world class for years.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
SANZAR judicial officer Michael Cashman said he found O'Connor's offence at the low end of seriousness and after taking account of mitigating factors he reduced the sanction of three weeks to a one-week suspension.

I wonder what the mitigating factors in JOC (James O'Connor)'s favour were? Perhaps the fact that he wouldn't have been playing in the 2nd and 3rd weeks of the suspension anyway?

D

daz

Having been to the game, I must say that as always, the Force fans made for a cracking atmosphere. A blue wall of sound.

And big props to the admin for opening up the ground for the fans afterwards. I got photos and handshakes with my boy and nearly all the Reds players. Just bloody great to say g'day and they seem good blokes.

Although, when I look at the photo of my 13 y/o boy and Liam Gill, I am not sure who the eldest one is....!

S

saulih

Contrast the reds with Beau Robinson with the reds without him. Also we felt the hole left by no Digby on attack. Those two differences in my mind show where the game has been clearly dominated by the Reds earlier in the season, and where the last two games have become marginal.

Pocock's work rate was incredible, and JOC (James O'Connor)'s kicking in general play was sublime. The commentators jinxed his goal kicking early on by stating he was Australia's best goal kicker or something to that effect.

Morahan is a work in progress in my mind. In earlier games this season he has shown flashes of brilliance, but that has not become consistent. I think the potential is there to be a great player.

Jono Lance really played out of his skin trying to prove himself. A worthy debut performance. Maybe playing to talent scouts from other clubs? He spent time in Perth, maybe the Force could use him?

Samo had an off game IMO. A couple good moments but his dropped balls are starting to annoy me - I have been willing to forgive him for them when he has worked as hard as does in most games.

Fun game to watch in all.

I am really starting to get excited for the Tests. Not as many injuries this year as last, and our showings should be a whole lot better. Are we in with a chance for the RWC? Here is one who is seeing a glimmer of hope.

S

saulih

Welcome aboard the Deans express, non-stop to Old Bill. Come join the believers in first class.....

:)

After last year, I had only wishful thinking, now that is turning into hope - not belief yet, but hope...

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Pfft does he make the better than Horwill list beacuse he's good enough to make the Saders & All Blacks?

What are you on about? He's the incumbent All Black lock and was excellent for them on the EOYT. Horwill hasn't even been playing international rugby for the past 2 years and people think he's world class because he does alright at Super rugby level.

Happy

Alex Ross (28)
Jono Lance really played out of his skin trying to prove himself. A worthy debut performance. Maybe playing to talent scouts from other clubs? He spent time in Perth, maybe the Force could use him?

As his dad used to be the captain of the Canberra Raiders, we could add him to the list of Brumbies players who are sons of Raiders eg Matt Giteau and Matt Henjak

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Watched a replay and yep, the Reds definitely got out of jail there. The final pass from Cooper was a doozy.

Thought Jonno Lance had a great debut, Tapuai had his best game for the Reds, and Chambers played with some confidence.

Injuries are a worry.

Pocock is immense, ridiculously good.

Status
Not open for further replies.