• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force vs Stormers Round 10 @ Perthfontein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
Hello Michael, I thought you would have learnt that statistics meant Jack shit when you don't coach the side's skills to execute more than the percentage plays. Just like the Tahs showed they had the best ball retention, lineout steals, gain line, defence etc etc.

The Force are playing the exact same game without a couple of stellar individuals able to pull something out of the hat to score on their own.

The numbers game is a plan not to win on your merits, but a plan to try not to lose. You do know there is a difference?

...and how is this relevant to the post you quoted (other than a chance to share the fact that you're still angry at Foley)?

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
.and how is this relevant to the post you quoted (other than a chance to share the fact that you're still angry at Foley)?
Angry? No. Relevant, directly to the continuing references to meaningless statistics. Meaningless because just as when they were used in the same manner at the Tahs, the numbers do not reflect how the team actually plays the game.It also comes back to the fact that the results were predicted last year and most importantly the manner of the results. If you want some statistics look at those, the predictability of the outcome.

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
Angry? No. Relevant, directly to the continuing references to meaningless statistics. Meaningless because just as when they were used in the same manner at the Tahs, the numbers do not reflect how the team actually plays the game.It also comes back to the fact that the results were predicted last year and most importantly the manner of the results. If you want some statistics look at those, the predictability of the outcome.

Fair enough regarding "meaningless statistics" - they can be used to make excuses for anything. But I haven't really heard Foley quoting statistics. And frankly, as I said in my post, their game plan actually appears to be working in the last few games. They get themselves in the right parts of the field, but its the execution - not the game plan -that's letting them down.

Now, if you were referring to Richard Graham quoting meaningless statistics, you'd have a point.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
:) You seem to just cant help yourself with the excuses. Force will have to wait another year to try and win against SA S15 teams. Maybe they can get one over the Kings.

Force 6 13 DHL Stormers

Force 15 24 Toyota Cheetahs

Cell C Sharks 15 9 Force
Vodacom Bulls 25 24 Force

Easy 4 points for SA teams in 2015.
Easy points? I swam to remember the game in south Africa being very close and the games could of gone either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.