• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Sydney Rams . NRC Official Team Thread

paul martin

Ted Fahey (11)
Thank God. I was heading towards a future of sleepless nights but now,hopefully,I won't be one of those losers that supports a team with an orange jersey.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
RF - make sure the jersey isnt shit.

The first design is the most important one the club will ever have. Doesnt have to be traditional but it does have to be iconic.

I'd say go with a deep rich shade of blue to offset the brightness of the orange. Nothing too light or bright.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
unfortunately the colours and exact shades were dictated to me on my preferred set. but if I can help it (if they keep having me on for now) then I'll make sure either the jerseys will be strong or a good mix of variables for different fans. Though I would very much like to push with them to have a competition. At the same time everyone in the NRC has to have on field gear supplied by the wallabies supplier from hat I've been made aware of so it may come down to what the manufacturer are willing to produce.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

JimmyLan

Allen Oxlade (6)
I'm cringing watching posts in this forum of how they want their ideal team to consist of (Eastwood/Wests). I personally believe we shouldn't even second guess the squads as this season brings a lot of hope to those guys who are on the fringe that are more than capable of stepping up… TBC...

paul martin

Ted Fahey (11)
I agree. Let's just wait and see who plays well. Rugby is guilty of pre-judging and categorising players without even watching how they play. Many is the player I've seen over the years get a free ride into 1st grade without doing a single thing to deserve it while blokes in lower grades have busted their guts without recognition.

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
Not necessarily, each franchise will get roughly 16 players. Those single teamed states will pick their best 16 and the other players will be required to play elsewhere.

Perth side will look the same without maybe Cummins, McCalman & Godwin. Melbourne will probably be without Higginbotham and maybe Pyle.
Not necessarily, each franchise will get roughly 16 players. Those single teamed states will pick their best 16 and the other players will be required to play elsewhere.

Perth side will look the same without maybe Cummins, McCalman & Godwin. Melbourne will probably be without Higginbotham and maybe Pyle.
That makes sense, the only point I would say is who will be picking up the accommodation costs of the interstate players and would the cost factor make the sides pick a local player?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

And Jones if there is any justice.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Orange is a good colour when you think about it - don't need an away strip!

Fuck this squads noise. We don't even know all the Wallabies yet, or how the single-franchise cities will allocate their players. It doesn't matter - we're going to win because we've got the best fans.

In terms of jersey - orange and navy (or whatever blue you want to call it) hoops would be fucking grand, with plain orange sleeves to put sponsor logos on.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Orange is a good colour when you think about it - don't need an away strip!

Fuck this squads noise. We don't even know all the Wallabies yet, or how the single-franchise cities will allocate their players. It doesn't matter - we're going to win because we've got the best fans.

In terms of jersey - orange and navy (or whatever blue you want to call it) hoops would be fucking grand, with plain orange sleeves to put sponsor logos on.

I didn't see an issue with it back in the ARC. Don't mind it if it's the right shade.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Take tonight's Rebels jersey, and make all the white bits orange.

Fixed.

I'm not even going to charge for it, because I am a benevolent overlord.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
Much prefer a slightly thicker hoop.

BkXs6zBCYAA94wS.jpg:large

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yeah thicker hoop is fine - not convinced on the white panels (the laundry for white is always murder).

The design that looks like a bong full of blue ink got smoked near it is not cool (though I see you've got the word "Charity" near it) and there is too much white on the other one (see point about laundry above)

Have you looked up benevolent lately? ;)

It hasn't changed from what I can see. Don't make me into an angry overlord ...

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yeah thicker hoop is fine - not convinced on the white panels (the laundry for white is always murder).

The design that looks like a bong full of blue ink got smoked near it is not cool (though I see you've got the word "Charity" near it) and there is too much white on the other one (see point about laundry above)

It hasn't changed from what I can see. Don't make me into an angry overlord .
I like the Orange / Blue. Maybe I'll have to support the Rams?
But seriously, it's more fun to see you angry.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
RE: Jerseys

Any chance of doing a special edition jersey with the inaugural 2014 NRC Rams squad together with the names of season ticket holders signing up by a set date being printed or watermarked on the jersey? It would be a great to see the team run out in this jersey for either their first game or first home game. Great souvenir item.