• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Sydney Rams . NRC Official Team Thread

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Can't say its going to be much fun for Kentwell this weekend. Glad I'm not playing.

Piss poor ground management.

A

ajajajaja

Franchise officially confirmed by the Pulveriser today.

@Rugby Reg beats the NSW Franchises to get the first team thread up.

Time for those in the know to spill the beans. There is a tonne of work to be done in a short space of time.

Details please:
Coach/s:
Colours:
Playing strip:
Logo:
Playing Roster:
Membership Packages:
Food and Beverage options at the BBQ:

flat_eric

Alfred Walker (16)
So who becomes the de facto holder of the Horan-Little Shield now the Rams have been unceremoniously removed from the competition?

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Is there talks the Rams might be added to the IPRC next year?

Funny if it turned out to be true.
I would be very surprised if the owners of the franchise haven't been in touch with WSR people.

I prefer that option to a totally new outfit based solely on PI players.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Let's hope their attitude towards expanding rugby in their bailiwick improves somewhat. The owners of the Rams did fuck all to expand/improve rugby during their time of ownership.

I'd like to move on; if this is the last post in this thread I wouldn't be upset.

VALE Rams. I'll miss you.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Which owners, though?

I think the Pasifika promotions were well done going back a few years ago. Eastwood, of course, was Eastwood - their focus was too narrow but they did carry the name for a year.

It has moved on, for now. Perhaps WSR could be another chapter.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Which owners, though?

I think the Pasifika promotions were well done going back a few years ago. Eastwood, of course, was Eastwood - their focus was too narrow but they did carry the name for a year.

It has moved on, for now. Perhaps WSR could be another chapter.

They did appear to be building something prior to the sale to Eastwood pretty killed that with the Rams becoming more or less a recruitment tool for them. Which is why I wasn't surprised or even all that perturbed by the announcement of the Rams being put to rest. In my mind their fate was sealed the day Eastwood took control.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I would be very surprised if the owners of the franchise haven't been in touch with WSR people.

I prefer that option to a totally new outfit based solely on PI players.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

I would go with a PI presence but not a complete reliance. You run the risk of missing out on a good deal of local talent if you just recruit from the PI's.