• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

What a shocking decision...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Let off - scot-free - ruled as not deliberate.
Banned for 0 games.

From the citing commissioner - "In his judgement, Oosthuizen ruled that based on the facts placed before him by the player and the assistant referee Cobus Wessels, as well as the video footage viewed during the enquiry, the contact Du Plessis made with Labuschagne was accidental."

M

Muttonbird

There seems to be a pecking order in SA rugby. The players at the top are untouchable.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
If he didn't block that punch he would be in a coma. Deliberate stomp. How can so much of been said about big Kevs stomp? This one is so much worse. He gets up and stomps him. Just as bad as that old video from the all blacks game

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Probably the outcome you would expect in SA. They take a far more lenient approach to things like this. Not just to their own players, I usually fancy the chance of any Aussie cited in SA to get a free pass (except Digby, they hate that guy).

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Was also most surprised to see BDP do his act after the Western Province lock put grapple tackle?? on him in a maul, lay on ground holding his neck, until he he got penalty, I am really going off him, if you want to pretend you a hard man like Bakkies etc, you have to carry it off better than "Accidental Bis" does!!!

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
its cos his bleck .. Not trying to be racist but seriously I have some south african mates who just hate people of colour for no reason

What in all fucks name does that have to do with a botched judiciary process?

You need to pick your friends better.

Anyway this was a shocking decision and does nothing to improve the already shaky impression people have of the SA judiciary.

Then again ask any Saffer if they think SA players get a fair shake of the old sauce bottle in Aus or Kiwilund and they will say no so it's all fair on love and hate.

Jaysus I just channelled K Rudd. Hang on while I go and beat the crap out of myself.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
There's a fine line between admirable aggression and thuggery. Bismark and Jannie tread it precariously and fall foul of it regularly.

They're not in the same league as our old mates Bakkies Botha and Corne Krige, but thugs nonetheless.

The Incredible Plan

Herbert Moran (7)
There's a fine line between admirable aggression and thuggery. Bismark and Jannie tread it precariously and fall foul of it regularly.

They're not in the same league as our old mates Bakkies Botha and Corne Krige, but thugs nonetheless.

A rather English South African friend of mine who is about 6ft 4 in the old money always used to explain the reason he stopped playing rugby in three words: Big Dutchmen stamping.

Reactions: Tex

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
Anyway this was a shocking decision and does nothing to improve the already shaky impression people have of the SA judiciary.

It's a crap decision but I don't think the SA judiciary has a reputation for being shaky. The judiciary process as a whole is inconsistent and SA no worse, and possibly a little better than average.

South Africa play rough and cross the line of illegality fairly often. That's just the way it is. We get pinged for it, and people like to have villains they can rant about. There have always been injuries, there has always been foul play, but at the end of the day the game goes on.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
In other news, I'm alarmed at what users typed in Google to come across this page.

Disturbing! Pretty sure we had a thread on Japan v Wales & users apparently found that in Google by typing "Japanese schoolgirls". God I love the internet :D

Status
Not open for further replies.