1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

What is the Best Internet Site to Watch Live Rugby??

Discussion in 'Rugby Discussion' started by Rugger101, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Rugger101

Hi All,

This question probably has been asked before however i couldn't find it in the forums.

What are the best sites on the Web to watch Rugby live?

Specifically the Super Rugby, but if it has 6 Nations and European Rugby all for the better!

Thanks for your help.
  2. DPK Peter Sullivan (51)

Be careful when discussing sites like this- please read the forum rules.

For the mods, the thread should be allowed to stay but it's pretty thin ice.
  3. The_Brown_Hornet Paul McLean (56)

Setanta has an online service for the NH games (6N, HEC etc). Foxtel has a service that streams games to your Xbox 360, which doesn't require a Foxtel contract. There aren't a huge amount of other options that are legal.
    Moses and Brumbies Guy like this.
  4. Rugger101

Just to confirm I am querying Legal Sites - not the dodgy stuff.

Can't Justify the cost of Foxtel for a few games of Rugby a weekend!

Thanks
  5. daz Peter Johnson (47)

Ditto ESPN for 6 Nations.
  6. cyclopath John Eales (66)

Welcome Rugger101.
    Legal streaming sites are all good, not that I know any - I give my hard-earned to Murdoch for better or worse!! I'm sure it aint better!
    I'm sure someone will pitch in to answer the question.
  7. barbarian Mark Ella (57)

Really? A cursory google search reveals nothing, do you have any more info??
  8. MrTimms Ken Catchpole (46)

Foxtel is on the xbox, but it doesn't look like the sport is: http://www.foxtel.com.au/xbox/packages/default.htm

Would depend what they decide to show on FSPlay

9. lincoln Johnnie Wallace (23)

Am a victim of no cable SuperXV/6N availability in Singapore and am SUBSCRIBING to Setanta-i - very dodgy service and quiet frustrating stop/start streaming - can't imagine it is much better eslewhere.
  10. Richo John Thornett (49)

I got excited about that XBox business for about 27 seconds. Too bad. Also, not THAT cheap -- $20 for the basic, plus $10 for sport comes to $30 a month and that's for a pretty limited channel selection. Not to mention that any data quota you might have will cop a beating.

Too bad.
  11. The_Brown_Hornet Paul McLean (56)

Guys, on the Foxtel thing, I did see Super rugby on their program guide for the Xbox service.
  12. RugbyFuture Lord Logo

just got an xbox, looking into this service, anyone try it out last season? would be awesome if they had rugby on for every game..
  13. WorkingClassRugger Bob Davidson (42)

Has Foxsports doesn't it. All I know is I cannot get it where I live. Wollongong is Austar territory and because of believe it or not 'all the tree's around my house' while we can get signal it is constantly interrupted. Very frustrating believe me. Reception 'black hole' evidently.
  14. Cardiffblue John Solomon (38)

There was a thread on gwlad that got an answer. Yew'd have to join and trawl through the madness. from memory it was buried in the thread 'Wales vs Fiji'. Some guy i germany asking for same as you. Not for the faint hearted tho -'specially today. Actually for an already insane site today it's gone F@cking nuts!
  15. Slim 293 Simon Poidevin (60)

You can get fox sports on the xbox. Many people have acquired it just for the RWC.
  16. Cardiffblue John Solomon (38)

WRU was advertising wales vs fiji live on their facebook site. didn't try it myself -went down the pub. but maybe they'll be showing the tarmac boys too. Given the trashing Channel 9 is giving the world cup- set your watch back two hours, do something else fr a couple of hours and then watch games without adds on the RWC website
  17. matty_k Ken Catchpole (46)

Welcome but that was a terrible first post.

We don't promote the use of streaming sites.
  18. Inside Shoulder Rod McCall (65)

As a matter of interest why is that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  19. cyclopath John Eales (66)

Because many are illegal, and we don't help promote illegal stuff.
  20. jollyswagman Ted Thorn (20)

Have some pity for us poor bastards in the USA - it is costing me $15 a game on Pay-per-view through DirectTV. DirectTV (a satelite network) and major US cable provider own the rights to all the rugby in the US. They picked up the rugby when Setanta went bust in the us. All the trinations and Super rugby is shown live and free to air though which is a treat. My cable bill is about $140 / month just for tv, HD service with a DVR. Was even able to watch the NRL grandfinal live and free-to-air in HD last weekend. Universal Sports Netork (owned by NBC) bought the rights to the Rugby World Cup coverage in the USA and have shown a handful of Eagles games. All were shit quality broadcast with American pregame show. Wife is allready bitching about the amount of money I have spent on PPV this world cup.