• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

What is your biggest wish for Australian Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
For me it is getting some of that Twiggy money offered initially to the ARU to invest in grass roots ($5Om or so we were led to believe) and investing it in better pathways at junior levels in terms of player and coaching development and skills.

So what is on your wishlist for Australian Rugby?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Ok then how about a wish for coherent and well structured rugby organisation to oversee our game that provides clear leadership and direction for our game and engages effectively all key stakeholders..

I made exactly the same wish 2 or 3 years back RN. Sadly I'm still waiting. I hope you have more luck with the wish.:)

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
a kind of lingering malaise that drags on inexorably, rudely interrupted by occasional and wildly unpredictable stabbing pains, interspersed with random, unseen slivers of distress drawn from a marauding quiver of discomfort, bit more pain, jarring this time, some faint hope that gets dashed on the rocks of missed opportunity, on an eddying current borne of an unforgiving and confidence-eroding tide, the promise of another false dawn, yes, this time, this time, I see it, I see a way out, a faint glow, is it from a lighthouse, it's a lighthouse, a beacon to follow, we're saved, we're saved, but no, it's a light at the end of a tunnel which, of course, is just yet another big black fucking train.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
a kind of lingering malaise that drags on inexorably, rudely interrupted by occasional and wildly unpredictable stabbing pains, interspersed with random, unseen slivers of distress drawn from a marauding quiver of discomfort, bit more pain, jarring this time, some faint hope that gets dashed on the rocks of missed opportunity, on an eddying current borne of an unforgiving and confidence-eroding tide, the promise of another false dawn, yes, this time, this time, I see it, I see a way out, a faint glow, is it from a lighthouse, it's a lighthouse, a beacon to follow, we're saved, we're saved, but no, it's a light at the end of a tunnel which, of course, is just yet another big black fucking train.

So it was all you? You wished upon a star 15 years ago?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Lol Dismal have you must be seeing the same shrink I have been seeing for my bipolar rugby fan condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

My biggest wish...

That we get a board of directors and Chairman which can actually provide the governance and stewardship required to take this beautiful game forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dru

Tim Horan (67)
My biggest wish.

That we get a board of directors and Chairman which can actually provide the governance and stewardship required to take this beautiful game forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Starting at the key two states.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Clean-out of all nepotism @ all levels

RedsHappy appointed as ARU CEO

Complete restructure and clean-out of football and off-field departments, with hirings based on merit and not who knows who

Force readmitted ASAP

Centralisation

Reconnection with grassroots

More and better investment in public schools and clubs

A clear pathway to test level

Can't think of anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.