• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

When is Rocky back???

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jatz

When Rocky first did his injury it really didn't seem all that serious and I thought it was going to be a week or two... But now he has been out for 7 weeks and there is still no rumours of his sudden return. Such a shame as by now he would have lost the form he had for Leinster where a lot of people were claiming him to be the best 6 in the world.

Any return dates?

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
From reports I've read on different websites he should be fit to play against the All Blacks in Sydney if not Sydney then definitely Perth.

Dan Carter may also be ready to play in Sydney.

Which raises another question, Can Carter just come into the squad at anytime or does he have to wait for an injury?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
disco said:
From reports I've read on different websites he should be fit to play against the All Blacks in Sydney if not Sydney then definitely Perth.

Dan Carter may also be ready to play in Sydney.

Which raises another question, Can Carter just come into the squad at anytime or does he have to wait for an injury?

I think they will shift Carter into the starting lineup as quick as they can.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think they will shift Carter into the starting lineup as quick as they can

Is that allowed?

Once you select your squad of 30 I thought you can then only replace an injured player not drop them from the squad based on form.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
disco said:
I think they will shift Carter into the starting lineup as quick as they can

Is that allowed?

Once you select your squad of 30 I thought you can then only replace an injured player not drop them from the squad based on form.

Nah, there are no rules like that governing squads. Selectors can do as they please.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_5457098,00.html

Wallabies flanker Rocky Elsom has been ruled out of the Tri-Nations Test against South Africa in Cape Town on August 8.

The Australian who is yet to feature for the Wallabies this season has been forced to sit out yet another match after failing to recover from a knee injury.

However, Wallabies coach Robbie Deans is still optimistic that Elsom can return to his side sooner, rather than later.

"He got some work in over the weekend and hasn't had any setbacks as a result of that work, so he is progressing well," Deans said.

"Finally he's turning the corner, he won't be considered for Cape Town but the signs are pretty good after that."

Deans will be hoping his Australian side can rise to the occasion against South Africa after being outmuscled by New Zealand.

"If you don't accept the physical challenge from the Springboks then there won't be a lot to feed off, so that's one area where we are going to have to step up," added Deans.

"They are a very good side and they have been that for a while and they just exude belief."

Status
Not open for further replies.