• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Where to for Super Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BLR

Really? The NRL needed the ARU to give them permission to play games in Perth? Whatever next? My guess is that the vast majority of the population could not distinguish one code from the other (they are both "rugby" to most infidels) and could not care less about either of them.

Refer to Melbourne for confirmation.

That's absolute bullshit mate, go sit in time out.

Perth & Melbourne are COMPLETELY different propositions, even your mad Aussie Rules fans know the differences between Union & League here and have a genuine interest in the game, (usually comes out when we have a few wins under the belt) look at the early crowds for the Force for confirmation people give a shit.

I would say judging on this debacle & our good form last season if the Force are around next season expect to see a big bump in fans.

half

Alan Cameron (40)
whatever helps you sleep easier at night mate. ARU just handed WA to the NRL on a platter

Really? The NRL needed the ARU to give them permission to play games in Perth? Whatever next? My guess is that the vast majority of the population could not distinguish one code from the other (they are both "rugby" to most infidels) and could not care less about either of them.

Refer to Melbourne for confirmation.

You really cannot see fault with any of the ARU's actions can you?

It's econ101, you remove a product from a market and the consumers will shift to a substitute good, in this case the NRL. Removing the Force shifts the demand schedule for Rugby to the left, and naturally, the NRL will pick up those since they offer a product to the market which is in effect a substitute of what rugby previously offered.

Wam

That this decision helps the NRL to me is beyond obvious and TOCC has explained it quite well.

But it goes a lot deeper, the Force have had facilities build for them which are effectively free. They share these facilities with Perth Glory who I am told pay rent.

The soccer community receive I am advised, [so willing accept if people have sources that differ]. However the Force management gained many more advantageous than Perth Glory. Very strong rumours are saying those gains made by the Force if they are cut will accrue to Perth Glory.

One of the Force posters on this thread some time ago explained the junior set up in that they train both NRL and Unions juniors together and separate at the end of training for code specific things line Line outs. Meaning the junior set up s also ripe for a takeover or handover.

Add the possible suing by the WA gov of the ARU.

In summary, hand a fan base across to the NRL, maybe a hand over of assets to Perth Glory, hand over of juniors to the NRL, exposure to being sued.

Finally, governments Australia wide will not trust the ARU statements.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Great now we will have leauge take off here. Fuck rugby. If we don't win this case union is dead for ever in WA

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

D

daz

So your not allowed to have an opinion if you haven't attended one of their games? I've never been to a Force match either.

Don't be obtuse. What a ridiculous comment.

You are not a public figure, running for office and influencing stakeholders.

Now I could be dead wrong, but it did seem odd to me that Julie tweeted a smackdown of the ARU, when to my knowledge (happy to be corrected) she has said 2 fifth of SFA about the Force previously.

So yes, to me that did seem opportunistic.

T

TOCC

Don't be obtuse. What a ridiculous comment.

You are not a public figure, running for office and influencing stakeholders.

Now I could be dead wrong, but it did seem odd to me that Julie tweeted a smackdown of the ARU, when to my knowledge (happy to be corrected) she has said 2 fifth of SFA about the Force previously.

So yes, to me that did seem opportunistic.

No I'm not a public figure, nor am I a member of parliament representing the people of my electorate, which in this case is the western suburbs of Perth, coincidentally where the Force are based. It's 100% in her sphere of concern to comment on and have an opinion on, just like you would expect any politician to speak up on had their been a highly questionable decision which has unfairly targeted your electorate and caused job losses, or has a social/economic cost.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
No I'm not a public figure, nor am I a member of parliament representing the people of my electorate, which in this case is the western suburbs of Perth, coincidentally where the Force are based. It's 100% in her sphere of concern to comment on and have an opinion on, just like you would expect any politician to speak up on had their been a highly questionable decision which has unfairly targeted your electorate and caused job losses, or has a social/economic cost.

At any rate it's a complete stray from the original statement:

When you have federal MPs like Julie Bishop retweeting about the ARU damaging the game irreparably, you know the ARU have proper fucked up.

And that statement quite simply, whatever someone's thoughts on Bishop, is completely correct.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
The outcome of the arbitration was always going to get a reaction from public figures because of its real (or perceived) impact on a section of the community. So it's unsurprising to see expressions of concern, outrage, shock etc etc from public persons that have seemingly not said much or been involved at all. Par for course these days when it's so easy to write something on Facebook or Twitter.

half

Alan Cameron (40)
MASSIVE RUMOURS SWEEPING THE SOCCER WORLD.

GALLOP IS LEAVING AND WILL BE APPOINTED THE NEW CEO OF THE ARU.

SOURCES SAY WAS AGREED IN MAY THIS YEAR.

B

BLR

MASSIVE RUMOURS SWEEPING THE SOCCER WORLD.

GALLOP IS LEAVING AND WILL BE APPOINTED THE NEW CEO OF THE ARU.

SOURCES SAY WAS AGREED IN MAY THIS YEAR.

Interesting, so Pulver knew he was jumping this early....just wanted to finish the hatchet job first...

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Interesting, so Pulver knew he was jumping this early..just wanted to finish the hatchet job first.

It was reported in April or earlier that Pulver wouldn't be seeking to get his contract renewed when it expires in Feb 2018.

B

BLR

It was reported in April or earlier that Pulver wouldn't be seeking to get his contract renewed when it expires in Feb 2018.

Ah true, so potentially Gallop was initially in place to start from Feb 2018 but potentially they have moved the timeline up.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
If Gallop is seriously the new CEO then I'm assuming that he is backing himself with an incentive based remuneration structure. Which I'd be 300% in favour of.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I know you know absolutely everything there is to know about everything, however:
  1. The 2018 "top age 20s" will not miss out
  2. It is these "top age 20s" who will be playing in the u19s games in September October 2017 with a view to selection in 2018.
Hey mate, what's your problem? Jesus, someone has a bone to pick.

The Top Age 20s do miss out, they lose Super 20s and play a couple of exhibition U19s games over a couple of days to make up for it.

You go from a multiple week competition with a huge preseason to a 2 week prep for a couple of games of footy. Not even as well prepared at the U18 Schoolboys.

If you think this is apples for apples, then I don't agree.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
A big renewal of the ARU board?

If you keep fishing in the same pond, you keep catching the same species of fish.

For real change, you need to change more than a few faces on the board.

How you engineer drastic changes without an Armageddon type scenario is the $64,000 question.

Unfortunately, I think we've reached the point where armageddon is the only way to get these guys out. I mean FFS, how could anyone in the ARU, NSWRU, QRU, ACTRU not look at the carnage around themselves and reflect on their own decisions and not feel culpable? The answer is that the organisational culture is one of no accountability, no responsibility, no blame and no consequences. In this way every disastrous decision and non-decision is justified and rationalised and so meaningful change (or maybe even any change) is impossible.

As but another example, in the paper today we had Andrew Hoare (CEO of NSWRU) demanding that the government fund a major refurbishment of the SFS (aka Alliance Stadium). As part of this he says that the Waratahs will relocate to Parramatta Stadium while the work is done. Does he no realise that less than 12 months ago the NSW government wanted to demolish the SFS and build a brand new 55,000 seat rectangular stadium in its place? And who do we think campaigned AGAINST this? None other than Roger Davis, Chariman of the NSWRU - it would be a disaster for us said he. So the government scrapped the proposal and decided to put the money into Parramatta and Homebush and anything left over would be used to try to fix the SFS.

You seriously couldn't make this stuff up.

Status
Not open for further replies.