• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Where to for Super Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NTT

But seriously, that's pretty tin foil hat stuff.....

So nothing to disprove me? Great rebuttal, buddy!

You have all of the worlds information at the click of a button but you use it to look up Simpsons videos? SAD!!

Sauron

Larry Dwyer (12)
So if this is true, cutting the Force is dependant on SA agreeing to cut two teams. Just how likely are SA to agree to that? And they don't, what then?

My great hope from this massive clusterfuck is SA refuse to cut two teams, AUS and NZ refuse to continue the current shitshow, SA are left to their own devices and a trans-Tasman comp is created.

Unlikely? Probably. 'Yeah what about the SA TV money blah blah blah'. I dunno. That's why I'm not the CEO. All I want is a tight, fun, watchable comp that showcases the game I love.

One question I have about this (an idea that I am a huge fan of)- does the SARU have much to do with the ownership/running of their franchises?

What I'm getting at, is that keeping the SARU in TRC might be a way of keeping the SARU blazers happy (and give them a decent revenue stream), and they can play with themselves in the Currie Cup to their hearts content.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So nothing to disprove me? Great rebuttal, buddy!

You have all of the worlds information at the click of a button but you use it to look up Simpsons videos? SAD!!

I'm just a little skeptical of the idea that two different journalists from competing news organisations are in cahoots with the ARU to bring down the Force based on separate articles that are not related.........

But yeah....... Fake news! Sad, etc.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
This story about the force being cut is a load of crap. It was east cost Rugby elitist propaganda. They know it might halt people buying into the force now. Someone should be sued because this could dramatically affect the outcome of which team goes. We have always been shafted here in the west. It's wrong and you lot know what is going on here. It's similar with what happened to genia when he signed at the force. It's disgraceful

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Now the rugby show talks about it even though it's a bogus story. Force are as good as done. Thanks for nothing dickheads in the east. They know how to get what they want

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Melbourne one week. Brumbies the next. As soon as the force get mentioned as possibly cut its massive news and every dickhead jumps on board

The other teams have been floated as being at risk of being cut...........

Pandaram has reported the Force will be cut.........

There's a big difference.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Melbourne one week. Brumbies the next. As soon as the force get mentioned as possibly cut its massive news and every dickhead jumps on board

I don't think that anyone from the east coast has said that it would be a good idea to dump the Force. Quite the contrary actually.

The only people who seem in favour are the insipid spineless incompetents who unfortunately run the game in this country.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I don't think that anyone from the east coast has said that it would be a good idea to dump the Force. Quite the contrary actually.

The only people who seem in favour are the insipid spineless incompetents who unfortunately run the game in this country.
That's who I'm talking about mate. Yep

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
The other teams have been floated as being at risk of being cut.....

Pandaram has reported the Force will be cut...

There's a big difference.
Yes it is. Instead of saying the force might be cut they have just gone to the extreme to protect their own team. It's the same thing. The problem is its pretty much screwed the forces chances during the own the force deal. How much of a coincidence that the force release own the force and the next day this. Have a think about it

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Get out of SANZAAR. The writing really is on the wall in big bold letters. The fat lady is humming away.

Rebrand the game. Invoke the spirit of competition between the ANZACS. Bledisloe. Banter across the dutch. The whole thing. Get all the Kiwis who live is Aus involved.

Include Japan and Argie, Samoa and Fiji if you can get the financials to stack. And World rugby needs to chip in if they are really true to their word to develop the game. What do they do anyway?

I don't know how many teams. Figure it out.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
In case anyone has forgotten, here is Bill talking about the current broadcast agreement:

ARU CEO, Bill Pulver said: “These new media rights arrangements are a wonderful result for our game and we thank FOX SPORTS for its incredible support of Rugby over the past two decades.

"FOX SPORTS provide an absolutely world class coverage of Rugby and we are privileged to announce that we will continue our partnership for a further five years. Rugby fans will continue to have access to live coverage of every match and quality Rugby programming across Asteron Life Super Rugby, The Rugby Championship and Bledisloe Cup, all Qantas Wallabies Test matches and much more on FOX SPORTS.

“We are also delighted that Network Ten will continue to broadcast Qantas Wallabies Test matches and will for the first time feature a replay of the Australian Super Rugby match of the round each Sunday morning, along with a Super Rugby highlights show each Monday night. This added coverage for Super Rugby on free-to-air television will allow more fans to experience the best provincial competition in the world.”

Mr Pulver said the incremental revenue from the new media rights arrangements will enable Australian Rugby to revitalise the game at all levels.

“With these new media rights arrangements in place the ARU will have surplus funds to re-invest in the game from grassroots through to the Wallabies and to address strategic priorities to grow the game including community Rugby, women’s Rugby and our development pathways.

“Early in 2016 we will announce a new five-year whole of game strategy for Australian Rugby that aligns with our media rights cycle and sets the direction and vision for the game of Rugby in Australia. Importantly, the Australian Rugby Strategic Plan has been built collaboratively by the Rugby community and underpins our plans for future investment in the game.

“We have also taken steps to improve the governance in our game through the execution of a National Charter, which has been supported by the formation of the Australian Rugby Strategy Group, consisting of CEOs from across Australian Rugby, which will oversee the delivery of the Strategic Plan.

“We will also provide greater assistance to our Super Rugby clubs and member unions and will establish a future fund for the game which will ensure its long-term health and prosperity.”
http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2016/0...s-new-media-rights-arrangements-for-2016-2020

M

Moono75

The fact that this story has come out just before the opening of the 'Own The Force' public offer on 29 March raises more than a few concerns over the timing, particularly when there is a minimum subscription level of $5 Million to be reached for the offer to proceed.

This is akin to telling someone at a house auction "see the termites in the rafters". It'll make you think twice before putting in a offer. F@CKING DISGRACEFUL!

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The fact that this story has come out just before the opening of the 'Own The Force' public offer on 29 March raises more than a few concerns over the timing, particularly when there is a minimum subscription level of $5 Million to be reached for the offer to proceed.

This is akin to telling someone at a house auction "see the termites in the rafters". It'll make you think twice before putting in a offer. F@CKING DISGRACEFUL!

Let's jump to conclusions and say the the ARU head honchos don't like this and are trying to scare people away from investing to make it easier to chop the Force

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Get out of SANZAAR. The writing really is on the wall in big bold letters. The fat lady is humming away.

Rebrand the game. Invoke the spirit of competition between the ANZACS. Bledisloe. Banter across the dutch. The whole thing. Get all the Kiwis who live is Aus involved.

Include Japan and Argie, Samoa and Fiji if you can get the financials to stack. And World rugby needs to chip in if they are really true to their word to develop the game. What do they do anyway?

I don't know how many teams. Figure it out.

The more I think about it, the more I think you're right Blue. The long term health of the game in this country would be better served by having more games televised in time slots that people care about and where the travel isn't such a massive issue. That means that we centre our domestic footy around a Trans Tasman competition and the NRC/NPC to follow in the respective markets. I was 100% in favour of the S15 but I think we've gone a bridge too far with the most recent expansion and it's diluted the product to the point where I don't really give a shit about it. I watch fewer games now than I ever have. As much as I've loved having the Saffers in our comp, perhaps the time has come for us to go our separate ways.

M

Moono75

Let's jump to conclusions and say the the ARU head honchos don't like this and are trying to scare people away from investing to make it easier to chop the Force
I didn't say the ARU was involved. But certainly people in the media can and do shape the public perception on issues by what they write. Easy to print a retraction on page 42 once the damage is already done.

Status
Not open for further replies.