• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Which Clubs are the Class of 2015 going to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Matt Long is playing fly half for Gordon 2nd colts this weekend and Tom Lane is injured but at Southern Districts according to Shadow's post on Sydney Colts thread. Page 5 I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BORED

Herbert Moran (7)
Qld - 8. Reece HEWAT – Nudgee College - Norths (Bne)
Barbarians - 13. Tony HUNT – Nudgee College - UQ
Has Reece Hewat played a game for North's Yet? I know he was injured and didn't play for the Reds U20's. Is he still injured?

RR2014

Bob McCowan (2)
Heard from a good source that we in Qld have grabbed a Rebel and it is Josh Coward. He is playing at Sunnybank. Good addition to the Qld U20's program and will fit well into the Sunnybank 7's program. Will be interesting to see if he stays in Qld or goes back to Rebels at the end of the Qld season to be part of Rebels set up (NRC, U20's)?????? Also anyone know Coward is in the Aust U20 squad? Was the best 15 in the comp according to all reports and BarTV gave huge wraps what I saw and heard.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Good move for him. Vic Colts isn't set up for players of his calibre, and he's not physically mature enough to be playing Grade. Not going to get the development he requires down here without going straight into the Rebels set up, which isn't gonna happen under TT.

pablo

Darby Loudon (17)
Not in the 20s, but a good move for him staying in QLD. Family around and Sunnybank will only help him develop.

There are 4 Vic lads in the Aus 20s from the 2014 tournament, good result for Vic rugby and big rewards for the boys. Sione and Ah-mu were both Aus Schools/BaaBaas in 2014, Leota in 2015 and Billy Gray has come on leaps and bounds since playing for Vic Schools in 2014.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Joining Cody WALKER (Eastern Suburbs - ex Kinross Wolaroi) in making a Premier Grade Rugby debut in their first year of Senior Rugby are:
Harrison GODDARD (off the Bench for Randwick - ex Oakhill College)
Harry CHAPMAN (off the Bench for Randwick - Ex The Kings School)
Lachlan SWINTON (Regular Run On Squad for Sydney University - Ex Knox Grammar)

Congratulations to those athletes.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Joining Cody WALKER (Eastern Suburbs - ex Kinross Wolaroi) in making a Premier Grade Rugby debut in their first year of Senior Rugby are:
Harrison GODDARD (off the Bench for Randwick - ex Oakhill College)
Harry CHAPMAN (off the Bench for Randwick - Ex The Kings School)
Lachlan SWINTON (Regular Run On Squad for Sydney University - Ex Knox Grammar)

Congratulations to those athletes.
I saw Harry Johnson-Holmes off bench for Uni v Easts 1st grade

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
^^^
It was a bit of anomaly because colts played before the premier grade game and they ran him on with 10 mins to go. Swinton started and was very impressive. Interesting that so many tight five piggies are being blooded

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Jack McGregor just signed with the Rebels http://www.rugbynews.net.au/schoolboys-star-jack-mcgregor-signs-with-melbourne-rebels/

A Gordon and NSW junior with a long time ambition to be signed by the Rebels? Jack certainly understands where the bread gets buttered and good on him, though a real shame for the Tahs.

"....it's been a long time dream for me since I was a kid so to sign with the Melbourne Rebels is very exciting for me and my family,” McGregor said.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
A Gordon and NSW junior with a long time ambition to be signed by the Rebels? Jack certainly understands where the bread gets buttered and good on him, though a real shame for the Tahs.

"..it's been a long time dream for me since I was a kid so to sign with the Melbourne Rebels is very exciting for me and my family,” McGregor said.
I’m very excited to sign my first contract, it’s been a long time dream for me since I was a kid so to sign with the Melbourne Rebels is very exciting for me and my family,” McGregor said.

Was the important bit you chopped off. Clearly, his "dream" is professional rugby, not playing for the Rebels.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Pretty impressive stuff from Jack Mac, especially considering he hasn't played a game of Colts or Grade Footy yet. I suspect he will be a work in progress insurance policy to develop under mentorship from Jack D, similar to that of Jooste/Lealiifano at the Ponys.

Status
Not open for further replies.