• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Who has starred in the NRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Jerome McKenzie (Rams), Jed Holloway (Rams), Mitch King (Rays), jack Debreczeni (Rising), Dave Feltscheer (Rays), Sam Ward (Rays), ? Ravi (Hooker at Rams), Jim Stewart (Stars), Rising forward pack (Timani especially), Rising Backs (Inman especially), Beau Robinson (QLD country), Samu Kerevi (BNE City), Chris Kuridrani (BNE city), JJ Taulagi (QLD country) Ben Adams (QLD country), Dave McDuling (BNE city), Tim Cree (Vikings)

Haven't watched much of the Spirit, but was impressed by Harry Scoble in the one game I did

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Possible fracture for Mackenzie. Couple of months at least. Not good news for a guy working as a labourer.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Quade Cooper. Hope to see more of this bloke.:)

But seriously, in addition to those listed above, Sam Windsor, Burton and his sometimes centre partner at the Spirit, Kellaway (of course), Ready (City Hooker), PAE, and from the Vikings, Perry, Arnold, Ah Wong, Powell, Makin, Cree, Niumata and Brumbies players Butler and Aeulua.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
In McKenzie's last five minutes of rugby this year, what rotten luck. This kid can play, apart from blistering speed he's got a good nose for sniffing out the best way to go around a rugby paddock.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I hope he gets some sufficient medical coverage. Not sure if he has a pro contract to assist with that though. Just the basic rugby insurance I assume.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
I hope he gets some sufficient medical coverage. Not sure if he has a pro contract to assist with that though. Just the basic rugby insurance I assume.

These days you may be disadvantaged being a pro footballer - in that medicare now states it won't pay anything for your treatment for injuries sustained in your work, which specifically makes run of the mill health insurance and private care out of the question unless your club/organisation will foot the bill.

HorseSizedDuck

Peter Burge (5)

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
In the televised games I've seen young Harry Jones for the Rays certainly has that X factor. I think that he' s only 18 but plays with a fair bit of maturity beyond that and is a major attacking weapon. I'd like to see him playing a bit closer in as his footwork and fend could open up plenty of opportunities for others. He's got a big boot on him as well.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
In the televised games I've seen young Harry Jones for the Rays certainly has that X factor. I think that he' s only 18 but plays with a fair bit of maturity beyond that and is a major attacking weapon. I'd like to see him playing a bit closer in as his footwork and fend could open up plenty of opportunities for others. He's got a big boot on him as well.

Even playing at schoolboy level he wasn't much of a noted defender. I think we'll see Kellaway playing Super Rugby level a long time before we see Jones do so.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I think we'll see Kellaway playing Super Rugby level a long time before we see Jones do so.

I think Harry would agree with that, and anyone who has seen them both since their school days would too.

CTPE was just saying that he was playing well as an 18-year-old in the NRC, not suggesting that he will get to Super Rugby before Kell, who has always played older than his years.

Nobody should write Harry off (not that I think you are doing that Micheal) because he has things to learn from a defensive point of view.

As an 18 year-old in senior rugby, he wouldn't be the Lone Ranger.

D

daz

David Feltscheer (courageous attack and mind blowing try scoring. A real joy to watch play the game), Cruze Ah Nau (Really stepped up his play and can play both sides of the front row), Jonah Placid (this could be the Rebels best ever recruit).

Many more, but these three really got my attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.