• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Willoughby Council Mayoral Candidates response to GRFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
GRFC President Graeme Hearl posed the questions / propositions below to candidates for the Saturday 12th April 2014 election
VIEW

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
Promise everything to everybody and worry about the detail later (ie let the GM handle it) - to wit:
Sir Humphrey Appleby (Council GM): And to that end, I recommend that we set up an interdepartmental committee with fairly broad terms of reference so that at the end of the day we'll be in the position to think through the various implications and arrive at a decision based on long-term considerations rather than rush prematurely into precipitate and possibly ill-conceived action which might well have unforeseen repercussions.

Sir Humphrey: It's clear that the Committee has agreed that your new policy is really an excellent plan. But in view of some of the doubts being expressed, may I propose that I recall that after careful consideration, the considered view of the Committee was that, while they considered that the proposal met with broad approval in principle, that some of the principles were sufficiently fundamental in principle, and some of the considerations so complex and finely balanced in practice that in principle it was proposed that the sensible and prudent practice would be to submit the proposal for more detailed consideration, laying stress on the essential continuity of the new proposal with existing principles, the principle of the principal arguments which the proposal proposes and propounds for their approval. In principle.

Status
Not open for further replies.