• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

WIN: 100 Schooners of Vale Ale for your team/club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
How would you like to win 100 SCHOONERS (a keg) of McLaren Vale Beer for your rugby team or club?

Sound too good to be true? Well it's not, all you need is:
  1. To answer in 250 words or less the following question:
    "In 2013, my team/club (insert name) deserves 100 schooners of fine McLaren Vale beer because......"
  2. To submit your entry in the comments of THIS POST on the front page by 12pm Sunday 15th September (this Sunday)
  3. A licensed clubhouse or pub in Australia where the keg can be delivered and served (the prize will come in keg form only)
  4. To be 18 or over together with anyone else who will be sharing the prize with you and to enjoy the prize responsibly
Entries will be judged solely by a crack G&GR panel of experts on worthiness of the club/team and quality of entry. You can enter as many times as you like.

Further general terms and conditions can be found here

This is what we call supporting grass roots rugby!

REMEMBER, DON'T JUST PUT YOUR ENTRY BELOW, PUT IT ON THIS POST ON THE FRONT PAGE

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
...because on October 18th The Parra Two Blues will be holding our annual fundraising luncheon at our major sponsor, Merrylands RSL. A keg of McLaren Vale wil enable us to keep our costs down and raise more much needed funds. The function will enable McLaren Vale Ale to be exposed to a much wider audience than the typical Rugby Club crowd and a possible promotion through MRSL. You know it makes sense, support the Two Blues, support Rugby in Sydney's West, expose your Ale to 37,000+ members of MRSL!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Crikey Ryan09, Do you know the whereabouts of a young Jewish Carpenter who can turn the sponsors 100 Schooners into 37000? :)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
.because on October 18th The Parra Two Blues will be holding our annual fundraising luncheon at our major sponsor, Merrylands RSL. A keg of McLaren Vale wil enable us to keep our costs down and raise more much needed funds. The function will enable McLaren Vale Ale to be exposed to a much wider audience than the typical Rugby Club crowd and a possible promotion through MRSL. You know it makes sense, support the Two Blues, support Rugby in Sydney's West, expose your Ale to 37,000+ members of MRSL!
You know this has to be posted on the front page to count? And I think it would count well.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
^^ Backs are typically found with breezers, spritzers and shandies.
Because we all know, that if you have no athletic ability. and absolutely no idea how the ball can beat the man, and you are the last picked in any event. You have no other choice but to be a forward.
There is a huge correlation between forwards and bullshitters.
eg the incumbent PM is not only a prop, but a SU prop

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
^^ Backs are typically found with breezers, spritzers and shandies.
Funny so many forwards need to yap so much about how 'ard they are.
Be Yoda.
Do, or do not. Or STFU.
As an aside - I drink beer, beer, whisky, rum and sometimes wine. Proudly a back. Always liked a maul / breakdown though.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Cyclo, the reason is, that the backs superb actions are easily
Identified by all and are rewarded by the fairer sex's attention.
Forwards work is by inferior folk, against inferior folk.
If there as ever an under supply of women folk.
Forwards would die off,under Darwinian logic.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Cyclo, the reason is, that the backs superb actions are easily
Identified by all and are rewarded by the fairer sex's attention.
Forwards work is by inferior folk, against inferior folk.
If there as ever an under supply of women folk.
Forwards would die off,under Darwinian logic.

The woman who became my wife only ever came to watch me play once. I played hooker. When I caught up with her later I asked her if she liked the game and she said she did but could not see where I was playing and asked if I made it on the field. Lucky I had met her outside of rugby, otherwise my family tree would have stopped at me.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Be Yoda.
Do, or do not. Or STFU.
As an aside - I drink beer, beer, whisky, rum and sometimes wine. Proudly a back. Always liked a maul / breakdown though.

And you have a hipster beard

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Be Yoda.
Do, or do not. Or STFU.

Surely everyone knows that beer was invented to stop props from taking over the world ;)

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Last week we gave you the opportunity to win 100 schooners of the finest craft McLaren Vale beer for your team or club.
You gave us some fine, fine entries – the most hilarious of which came from a minor, so unfortunately no beer for you, just kudos and a cold spoon by the sounds of things.

But – to more important things – the WINNERS. Yes I say WINNERSplural because our awesome sponsor has seen fit to donate not one butTHREE prizes.
Remember – to receive the prize you must have licensed premises – a pub or club – in which to enjoy this tasty keg of beverage. Also – we want pictures of you enjoying it to share!
The WINNERS and their entries

The Parramatta Two-Blues

In 2013, the Mighty Two Blues of Parramatta deserves 100 schooners of fine McLaren Vale beer because on October 18th The Two Blues will be holding their annual fundraising luncheon at our major sponsor, the Merrylands RSL. A keg of McLaren Vale will enable us to keep our costs down and the prospect of quality craft beer will also help to attract more members to the luncheon which will in turn help to raise more much needed funds for the club.
This function will expose McLaren Vale Ale to a much wider audience than the typical Rugby Club crowd and enable contacts to be made for possible further promotions of the great product through the MRSL. The fundraiser will be reported in the Merrylands RSL newsletter which each of the 40000 plus members receive, and on the widely read Mighty Two Blues Website.
You know it makes sense, support the Mighty Two Blues, support Rugby in Sydney’s West, expose your fine Ale to 40,000+ members of Merrylands RSL.
We drink beer not shiraz.
The Albury Steamers

In 2013, my club the Albury Steamers deserves 100 schooners of fine Mclaren Vale beer because we are keen to celebrate a remarkable year with some big achievements. Most importantly we are mature, responsible drinkers with fine palates who can appreciate the better quality beer that is Mclaren Vale. On the field we had first grade going through the season undefeated, averaging 54-7 all year, and taking the Grand Final over a noble and gallant opponent in the Wagga Waratahs – our first premiership in over a decade.
Second Grade adding to the joy with a Grand Final victory in the Romanos Cup. The fielding of the Steamers Womens Rugby team for the first time in a long time. Capped off with a win to the nippers in the Under 13′s!!!!! This in a competition where the closest away game is over 100km away and the furtherest takes nearly 5 hours to get to. And coming from a city where AFL is king and Rugby gets less coverage than cute cat photos.
Redfield Old Boys

In 2013 the Redfield Old Boys deserve 100 schooners of beer of chilled MV Beer after we registered our 100th player in 2013. Our great game is only made better with more players, more supporters, more banter and more participation. From humble beginnings as a one team club we now have three teams participating in the NSW Subbies Comp. Although we didn’t come home with the silverware this year it was another rewarding season with entertaining rugby, renewed rivalries and plenty of fine ale consumed as achievements became ensconced and exaggerated.
100 beers for 100 players!

Status
Not open for further replies.