1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wireless set up

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by RugbyReg, Nov 6, 2011.

1. RugbyReg George Smith (75)

Lads, have just moved house for a few months to a place with existing wireless connection. Have brought my computer over but struggling to connect to the wireless connection. Any suggestions why not besides technological ignorance?
  2. Sully John Eales (66)

Can you connect at all?
  3. RugbyReg George Smith (75)

4. Sully John Eales (66)

you may need to check the encryption being used also is it asking for a password?
  5. RugbyReg George Smith (75)

I think the wireless is fine as I am connecting now with it on my iPod touch. Think it us computer related. Was hoping a window would just pop up asking me to connect to the wireless connection. Alas it doesn't seem to even look for it.
  6. #1 Tah Chilla Wilson (44)

Is there a wireless network switch you need to turn on?

If you are on Windows (booo!) then you can go Start>Connect to>Wireless connection

and you should be sweet.
  7. RugbyReg George Smith (75)

Cheers. Then it says windows can't find any networks. Where would this switch you talk of be?
  8. Sully John Eales (66)

If it's a laptop it may be on the side near the front
  9. yourmatesam Bob Davidson (42)

If your laptop usually connects to the LAN over your ethernet port, it may be over-riding any wireless connection.
  10. Scotty David Codey (61)

And even if the switch is on, turn it off then back on and you might have to select (on screen) what you want to be on (eg wireless or Bluetooth or both).