• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wireless set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Lads, have just moved house for a few months to a place with existing wireless connection. Have brought my computer over but struggling to connect to the wireless connection. Any suggestions why not besides technological ignorance?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
you may need to check the encryption being used also is it asking for a password?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think the wireless is fine as I am connecting now with it on my iPod touch. Think it us computer related. Was hoping a window would just pop up asking me to connect to the wireless connection. Alas it doesn't seem to even look for it.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think the wireless is fine as I am connecting now with it on my iPod touch. Think it us computer related. Was hoping a window would just pop up asking me to connect to the wireless connection. Alas it doesn't seem to even look for it.

Is there a wireless network switch you need to turn on?

If you are on Windows (booo!) then you can go Start>Connect to>Wireless connection

and you should be sweet.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Cheers. Then it says windows can't find any networks. Where would this switch you talk of be?

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
If your laptop usually connects to the LAN over your ethernet port, it may be over-riding any wireless connection.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
And even if the switch is on, turn it off then back on and you might have to select (on screen) what you want to be on (eg wireless or Bluetooth or both).

Status
Not open for further replies.