• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Women's Rugby Union

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)
Watched Parra women's today play Warringah womens at Campbelltown.
Parra got up in a close one 21-15.

What a bloody good day at the rugby, all women's teams in the competition playing at the same ground (4 games in total) was good to see.

There was the BBQ and the bar open. They also had music happening between the games.

Once again a bloody good day at the rugby.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
2016 Wallaroos announced.
2016 Buildcorp Wallaroos squad to tour New Zealand:

Katrina Barker*, scrumhalf/centre, Warringah
Iliseva Batibasaga, scrumhalf, Sydney University
Louise Burrows, hooker/prop, Canberra Royals
Chloe Butler, lock, Parramatta
Cheyenne Campbell, centre, Redlands
Rebecca Clough, lock, Cottesloe
Mollie Gray, backrow, Sydney University
Alisha Hewett, lock, GPS
Ashleigh Hewson, Flyhalf/fullback, Sydney University
Ariana Kaiwai*, flanker, Blacktown
Ivy Kaleta*, hooker, Sunnybank
Victoria Latu, backrow, Parramatta
Chloe Leaupepe*, flyhalf/fullback, Oatley
Nareta Marsters*,centre/wing, Sunnybank
Cobie-Jane Morgan, scrumhalf/centre/wing, Warringah
Hana Ngaha*,prop, Sunnybank
Alanna Patison*, prop/hooker, Newcastle University
Liz Patu, prop/backrow, Wests
Madeline Putz, wing, Palmyra
Sarah Riordan*, fullback/centre, Merewether Carlton
Emily Robinson*, front row, Warringah
Oneata Schwalger, prop, Melbourne
Kirby Sefo*, lock/flanker, Sunnybank
Hanna Sio, centre, Parramatta
Shontelle Stowers*, utility back, Warringah
Venisia Taufa*, flanker/backrow, Palmyra
*Uncapped

Tour Matches:
Tuesday 18 October: Wallaroos v Auckland Storm, Bell Park, Pakuranga
Saturday 22 October: Wallaroos v Black Ferns, Eden Park
Wednesday 26 October: Wallaroos v Black Ferns, North Harbour Stadium

Congratulations to all those players selected (particularly our three from the Mighty Two Blues). Hoping to get to at least one of these matches.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Sky Sports are covering the final of the NZ Womens Provincial Championship (The Farah Palmer Cup) live. Counties Manukau are playing Auckland. Auckland have won this championship 16 times out of the 17 times the comp has been held. But Counties have started well and have skipped away to a 14-0 lead after 7 minutes.

EDIT: And Counties Manukau make some history by winning the Farah Palmer Cup 41-22.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Woohoo!

Massive test coming up. Black Ferns are "head down - arse up" as they plan a charge to Ireland. Wallaroos are deep into building and have a chance to gain tests. And they play a precursor to the Bledisloe at Eden Park.

It_just_doesnt_get_bigger for womens 15s.

Reactions: mst

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Coupla good articles on the blog:

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/wallaroos-v-black-ferns-the-womens-bledisloe/#disqus_thread

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/a-glimpse-inside-camp-wallaroo/#disqus_thread

Give them both a click!

Match is on Foxtel Ch 502 from just before 14:00 Banjo time (so 15:00 AEDT) but not on 10 unless it's on their digital channel (ONE?) which I can't get on my Foxtel box, maybe someone could check & confirm?
Been impressed with women's 7's having been regular watcher over the years and now get to watch first women's 15 match and what better way to start then seeing the wallaroos play the silver ferns

Go the walleroos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Just read your Q&a on wallaroo's dru...thanks for that as gave me bit of insight before I watch the game tomorrow as whilst watched woman's 7's for couple of years not seen the woman's 15 version. Great that foxsports televising this.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Just read your Q&a on wallaroo's dru.thanks for that as gave me bit of insight before I watch the game tomorrow as whilst watched woman's 7's for couple of years not seen the woman's 15 version. Great that foxsports televising this.

Thanks RN. It was an utter eye opener for me. Knew seriously nothing about the Wallaraoos. Now I am just pumped for the game on Saturday. Its a tall ask, but hey who knows?

How good was Scott Allen!

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Funny thing is always enjoyed watching the woman versions of traditional games I watch on men's side, and funny how things turn out as my 8 year old daughter now plays ice hockey (because her male cousins play it and she got interested and obsessed about it and just loves it) and at this age because no girls comp she is the only girl playing in her team who play in a mites competition team with all the rest in her team boys (there are other girls that play for other teams though which is good to see). Boys are fine.....although one or two parents need re-educating.....as one father said to my missus that girls should not play ice hockey. Lucky I was not within distance...blood was boiling after being told this....

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^ Lucky for Daddy Dickhead your Miss Eight didn't hear that, either: in my experience as the uncle of many, many nieces, hell hath no fury like an 8yo girl told she shouldn't play with the boys :)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Great Haka from the NZ Women's team.

I thought haka'ing was only a blokes activity in Maori culture.

Game is on.

Edit:
17 minutes in and NZL lead 14 - 3.

For the Tin Foil Hat Wearing Chicken Entrails Readers, the Eden Park Hoodoo is working its magic, or maybe the NZL Women's team has better players that have had a better preparation.

More meat for the NZL Team and after 25 minutes they lead 26-3
70% possession 65% territory to NZL, and 20 missed tackles to AUS. No surprises in the scoreline as #1 Lousie Burrows gets shown the cheese for pulling a maul down.

NZL grab more meat at the 30 minute mark off a lineout rolling maul. NZL 31 AUS 3

Oranges: It is 31-3 to The Darkness. AUS nearly scored, but it has been 10 minutes without the Darkness crossing the stripe.

Things are looking up. but it is Amateurs vs Pros. NZL select their team from a women's NPC competition and AUS have a 3 day tournament.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Wallaroos using the same territory conceding narrow defence the Wallabies and other Australian teams have this year. It is fundamentally flawed and easy yards are made so often. Also with such a narrow defence one missed centres tackle and there is a two on one or open field overlap created immediately.

Wallaroos also looking decidedly slower than the Ferns backs.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
It's almost professional players v amateurs. There is an established Women's provincial comp in NZ and we are lucky if we have a National Championships every year over four days.

Also this is a rare Test match outside a World Cup year for us. It would be great if we could play 5-6 tests a year including a tour to Europe or North America but I can't see the ARU funding it. It's great Buildcorp have come on and supported the team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk