• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Women's Rugby Union

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
It's almost professional players v amateurs. There is an established Women's provincial comp in NZ and we are lucky if we have a National Championships every year over four days.

Also this is a rare Test match outside a World Cup year for us. It would be great if we could play 5-6 tests a year including a tour to Europe or North America but I can't see the ARU funding it. It's great Buildcorp have come on and supported the team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes buildcorp have been a great sponsor and supporter of developing rugby below super rugby level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
NZL onslaught continues.

62 minutes gone and it is 43 - 3 to The Darkness.

Too many missed tackles.

68 minutes and it is 48-3.

This is for the Laurie O'Reilly Trophy. Lozza may soon be bolted into the Trophy Cabinet at HQ NZL Rugby until we get serious about Women's Rugby.

Can't see that happening soon while Papworth and Co keep spitting the dummy about money not being spent on Sydney and Brisbane Premier Clubs.

Some people need to wake up and smell the roses. It is the female of the species that decides what sport their children will play. If we want more players playing and supporting rugby, we need more children playing rugby. If we want more children playing rugby, we need greater engagement with rugby from the female population. Throw everything at the elite men's rugby pathway at your peril.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Oh dear. Loiuse Burrows gets shown her second slice of cheese for the day for a cynical offside. That is a Red although there is only 10 minutes left so it is a little moot. AUS are down to 14 players for the final 10 minutes.

72 minutes gone, NZL 48 - AUS 3

Full Time: The Darkness grab a couple of late meat pies.

67 - 3 to NZL.

Plenty to work on for AUS. NZL were a class above. Well done them.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The women are back at it in 4 days. If we can work on line speed, tackling and ball security I think we can be much closer in the Albany game.

Also our best players are focused on Sevens.

Until we decide that Women's XV's is important, things won't change.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Also I thought Hewson was great tonight. She controlled the game really well and took the right options most of the time.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Really loved watching the Wallaroos.

WOTM for me was Honey. Just fabulous. For Wallaroos plenty, but Ash was excellent.

Choice between Papworth and the Wallaroos? Does anyone of any reality take that question with any seriousness?

Top marks to Buildcorp.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Allen suggested that the ARU was trying to nail down three or four test before the RWC. Also suggests that the ARU are taking womens rugby very seriously.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
FFS can we stay slightly sensible on this thread?

Really?????

Do you not watch the news or watch what's happening in women's sport?

You're the one out of touch if you're opposed to equal female participation.

EDIT: I'm afraid that you're going to be on the wrong side of history dru. I only hope that the rugby authorities are there with you.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
It seems that the ARU have strategically focused on Women's Sevens and it has paid a golden dividend. IMO we should continue to invest here rather than in Women's 15 a side rugby.