• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

won four teh pedant's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Our daughter's school has a newsletter, in which the principal wrote that NAPLAN testing was floored. I had to agree.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Scarfman said:
Our daughter's school has a newsletter, in which the principal wrote that NAPLAN testing was floored. I had to agree.

Ha. I have to do that test today, tomorrow and thursday. Its criminal and completely irreflective of the school

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
#1 Tah said:
Ha. I have to do that test today, tomorrow and thursday. Its criminal and completely irreflective of the school

But as a diagnostic tool it is a good thing.
The initial purpose of the NAPLAN was to provide data to the students, parents, teachers and the schools about how the students a performing nationally, locally and individually. They then can use the info to target weaknesses and develop initiatives to help the students along.

The use in league tables is a useless waste of time.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
matty_k said:
#1 Tah said:

But as a diagnostic tool it is a good thing.
The initial purpose of the NAPLAN was to provide data to the students, parents, teachers and the schools about how the students a performing nationally, locally and individually. They then can use the info to target weaknesses and develop initiatives to help the students along.

The use in league tables is a useless waste of time.

Basically, what happens is they throw random shit in from the curriculum that we cover in the whole year. but the whole year hasn't passed yet so I sit there scratching my head at something I have never seen before, while thinking about the hurricanes' impending doom.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
#1 Tah said:
Scarfman said:

Are you in Year 3 or Year 5?

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
cyclopath said:
it is also done in years 7 and 9

#1 Tah said:
Basically, what happens is they throw random shit in from the curriculum that we cover in the whole year. but the whole year hasn't passed yet so I sit there scratching my head at something I have never seen before, while thinking about the hurricanes' impending doom.

That is the point. They need to know what you know just as much as what you don't know.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
cyclopath said:
#1 Tah said:
Scarfman said:

Ahh.. those were the days!

Status
Not open for further replies.