• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

World Cup Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
I was wondering what rules there are regarding the World Cup.

Say a player gets injured early in the piece are they allowed to jump on a plane and come back to Australia for treatment?

Is there a list of things that all the teams have to abide by that maybe don't normally apply?

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Or are some players allowed to remain in Oz to play club matches to gain further fitness after the start of RWC?

T

Tireless Backrower

My understanding is that there is restriction on flying in replacements - we have to observe a time limit which means we cant get a replacement to NZ before, say, the poms would be able to fly in replacement.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
I think the participation agreement specifies that the whole squad are there from the beginning until they finish their run. There are restrictions on the speed a replacement can arrive.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
My understanding is that there is restriction on flying in replacements - we have to observe a time limit which means we cant get a replacement to NZ before, say, the poms would be able to fly in replacement.

Yeah....I think there's a 48 hr 'stand-down' period where you cannot replace the injured player. And once someone is replaced thru injury, they cannot rejoin the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.