1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

World Rugby's team of the year 2018

Discussion in 'Rugby Discussion' started by Sully, Dec 7, 2018 at 7:26 AM.

1. Sully John Eales (66)

Beauden Barrett (All Blacks), Ben Smith (All Blacks), Jonathan Davies (Wales), Owen Farrell (England), Rieko Ioane (All Blacks), Johnny Sexton (Ireland), Conor Murray (Ireland); Kieran Read (All Blacks), David Pocock (Australia), Peter O'Mahony (Ireland), Leone Nakarawa (Fiji), Brodie Retallick (All Blacks), Tadgh Furlong (Ireland), Malcolm Marx (South Africa), Mako Vunipola (England).
  2. Brumby Runner Michael Lynagh (62)

I see Poey has to play out of position at 7 to make way for the second best No 8 in Read.;):rolleyes:
    Bobby Sands and wamberal like this.
  3. kiap Mark Loane (55)

All very good players but I dunno

Kieran Read struggled for form
    Mako Vunipola struggled to get on the park
    Owen Farrell had trouble playing legal

Good to see Nakarawa. Fiji represent!
  4. Sully John Eales (66)

Did Pocock play one second of 7 in a test match this year?
  5. kiap Mark Loane (55)

On the Goldie, the scene of Argentina's triumph.

The selectors saw enough there to nominate him ahead of Steve Austin.
  6. Strewthcobber Geoff Shaw (53)

Team based mostly on reputation
  7. Rebels3 Arch Winning (36)

Jonathan Davies has only returned from almost a year out from the game a matter of 6/7 weeks ago. Read has been playing like he belongs in the Wallabies pack. The rest i can't argue with
    Derpus likes this.
  8. Derpus Jim Lenehan (48)

I don't know if Marx is consistent enough to be the best hooker. His blinder to mare ratio is about 1:1
  9. dru Tony Shaw (54)

Depends what you are looking for. Dull predictability isn’t necessarily the start point. I can’t think of many hookers I would start in front of him if I had the choice. Predictability would be for 16 in case 2 is having a mare.
    Bobby Sands likes this.